Thread: Giancarlo Stanton Trade Rumors Thread

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool Giancarlo Stanton Trade Rumors Thread

Reports of Stanton to Boston "may be heating up".

Ironically, this would mean Jeter could send the best name in today's trade market to the Yanks' arch rival.

https://www.mlbdailydish.com/2017/11...tanton-red-sox
    J.P.

* = can be seen on MiLB.tv

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno how good bob nightingale is but dude is 100% sure he's going to st Louis or SF

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nightengale is full of of it most of the time but I'd still imagine that St. Louis is one of the major players for Stanton. There aren't many teams with the prospect depth and salary cap room to make that trade work.

I never rule out a Dave Dombrowski team when it comes to throwing prospects at a superstar. It just depends on how far into the luxury tax Boston is willing to go.
    Last edited by WizardofOz1982; 11-11-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    I PC Jeff Frye and Ozzie Smith. Working on 2017 A&G and Donruss Optic currently
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stanton would be a monster at Fenway but at what cost in the OF? I could see Bradley Jr. in a package with others but the other 2 B's should be untouchable at this point

Mr. Enfuego
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a strong feeling he will be in SF in 2018...
    "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in Baseball!!" - Tom Hanks.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    Nightengale is full of of it most of the time but I'd still imagine that St. Louis is one of the major players for Stanton. There aren't many teams with the prospect depth and salary cap room to make that trade work.

I never rule out a Dave Dombrowski team when it comes to throwing prospects at a superstar. It just depends on how far into the luxury tax Boston is willing to go.
    I think most teams have the prospect depth required to obtain Stanton. It all depends on how much of that massive contract they are willing to take on. I mean, if a team is willing to pay close to a quarter billion for him then they'll only need to give a few mid tier prospects in order to get him.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st4040 View Post
    Stanton would be a monster at Fenway but at what cost in the OF? I could see Bradley Jr. in a package with others but the other 2 B's should be untouchable at this point
    I'd be in for JBJ, Sam Travis and Michael Chavis, they offer that and pay most of the money and that should get it done. I love Chavis but I'd make the move even knowing Stanton likely won't play more than 115-120 games anyear and he'll have a steep decline before the contract is up.

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that will keep Giancarlo Stanton out of St. Louis is Giancarlo Stanton.

The Cardinals have the money, the prospects, and the willingness to trade for him.

But at the end of the day, itís up to Giancarlo to wave his no-trade clause.

And Iím not sure he will do that to play in the Midwest.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mr. Enfuego
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thing is, who is gonna pickup that $270+ million Tab he still has?
    "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in Baseball!!" - Tom Hanks.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For another team to take on that contract, Miami would be lucky to get a 12 pack of coke in trade.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    For another team to take on that contract, Miami would be lucky to get a 12 pack of coke in trade.
    lol, exactly.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    I'd be in for JBJ, Sam Travis and Michael Chavis, they offer that and pay most of the money and that should get it done. I love Chavis but I'd make the move even knowing Stanton likely won't play more than 115-120 games anyear and he'll have a steep decline before the contract is up.
    I think we should go after Josh Donaldson to cure our issues at 3B.. Devers can DH while learning to play 1st to replace Hanley. We NEED a right handed slugger to take advantage of Fenway and balance the lineup more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    He passed through waivers already last season without a claim. Every team in MLB already had a chance to acquire him for money only. I don't think anyone is going to trade for him without the Marlins eating at least some of the post opt out part of the contract. That means there will have to be at least one really good prospect in whatever team's package to acquire him. You can narrow the list down pretty quickly from there. Who has pitching and outfield prospect depth (what the Marlins are seeking) and room to take on that contract? It's a pretty short list. Boston (maybe if the Marlins like Groome or are willing to pay JBJ's contract), St. Louis (definitely have the pitching and outfield prospects), and perhaps SF (though I doubt they have the cap space). You can never rule out the Dodgers but he doesn't seem a good fit there other than his preference for a coast team. The Indians and Astros could be dark horses but they both have issues with acquiring him too.
    I PC Jeff Frye and Ozzie Smith. Working on 2017 A&G and Donruss Optic currently
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stanton could hit 70 homers playing half a season at Fenway.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st4040 View Post
    I think we should go after Josh Donaldson to cure our issues at 3B.. Devers can DH while learning to play 1st to replace Hanley. We NEED a right handed slugger to take advantage of Fenway and balance the lineup more
    They had Pablo 😏

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast