Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giancarlo Stanton Trade Rumors Thread

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st4040 View Post
    I think we should go after Josh Donaldson to cure our issues at 3B.. Devers can DH while learning to play 1st to replace Hanley. We NEED a right handed slugger to take advantage of Fenway and balance the lineup more
    I've heard Diamond Dave Dombrowski has no real payroll cap this year, I think Hosmer might end up being the first baseman in Fenway next year. I do agree that Devers is not the third baseman of the future so he will likely be the DH longterm. I'd be fine if the Sox added Hosmer or JD Martinez, although I think Martinez would be foolish not to sign in Arizona, and let Travis/Chavis come along and fill in the corners.
    Being that the Sox look willing to spend and they are willing to provide both proven major Leaguers and high prospects, their odds are just as good as anyone else's in my mind to get Stanton

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    They had Pablo ��

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    technically they still do since they ate that contract.. the one thing Pablo hasn't eaten

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st4040 View Post
    technically they still do since they ate that contract.. the one thing Pablo hasn't eaten
    And i think he's gonna make the giants opening day roster and possibly starting at third

Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt Barnes for Stanton? Straight up?

Seriously though, I could see Boston trading Devers or Chavis, along with perhaps Travis and two top 10 pitching prospects in the Sox org. like Shawaryn and someone else, for Stanton.

The thought of Judge and Stanton battling in the same division for many years to come is awesome, esp cuz they'll be playing each other about 16x or so a year during the reg season, right? Come on Giancarlo, we know you want to see how far over the Green Monster and Landsdowne Street you can actually hit the ball. I bet he's already dreaming of hitting one onto the Pike.
    WTTF/WTB: Looking for Red Sox cards I don't have of players from modern Bowman products. Always open to trade!

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that contract is an albatross..and we have a few of those still to live through(Hanley and Price) Donaldson would be much better fit for our needs and plenty of RH power especially in Fenway. I would package Travis and JBJ or something with one of them to try and get that type of deal done

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd give another bat prospect to avoid putting a pitcher in the deal. The Sox have hard time drafting major league starters they can't afford to toss them in deal, decent bats seem to fall from the sky to Fenway though.

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hereís what local St. Louis sports radio personality Bernie Miklasz had to say this morning about the Cardinals chances of landing Giancarlo Stanton.

Bernie also discuss the San Francisco Giants, Boston Red Sox and Philadelphia Phillies future payroll situations, and what impact that may have on those teams landing Stanton.

Stantonís desire to actually win is also questioned.

Itís a decent listen for Cardinals and Giants fans especially.

https://www.facebook.com/samuelbanks...62390007838570

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Hereís what local St. Louis sports radio personality Bernie Miklasz had to say this morning about the Cardinals chances of landing Giancarlo Stanton.

Bernie also discuss the San Francisco Giants, Boston Red Sox and Philadelphia Phillies future payroll situations, and what impact that may have on those teams landing Stanton.

Stantonís desire to actually win is also questioned.

Itís a decent listen for Cardinals and Giants fans especially.

https://www.facebook.com/samuelbanks...62390007838570
    I'll have to listen when I get a chance. I cannot understand why SF would want him.

Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hearing more things that Miami is looking for pitching, who isn't, considering that St Louis probably has the best chance. I'm not even sure how San Fran is in the race, that farm system is rough

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    I'm hearing more things that Miami is looking for pitching, who isn't, considering that St Louis probably has the best chance. I'm not even sure how San Fran is in the race, that farm system is rough
    Not only is the system rough, I believe they are second is payroll already dedicated to next year. They r way better selling off assets and starting over. They're not one player away from contending IMO

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only is the system rough, I believe they are second is payroll already dedicated to next year. They r way better selling off assets and starting over. They're not one player away from contending IMO

Yeah, Bernie breaks down the payroll numbers of the Giants over the course of the next several years and explains why that may be an issue in acquiring Stanton.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post

Holy f**kballs $181 million!?!? I had no clue their 2018 payroll was so high. Now I understand why the Giants make no sense to be in the running for Stanton. Likely no postseason will be played with no prospects to trade or money that can be paid...so why get Stanton to play?
    Last edited by death2redemptions; 11-14-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really listened to a lot of the stuff regarding the Giants, didn't know their payroll number was that big, knew it was high but that's huge, I'm not sure how they keep coming up in this discussion either

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rebelpawn
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see the Sox trading JBJ to the Giants for prospects and flipping those prospects along with Groome and to the Marlins. There may be other players involved depending on how much money the Sox take on but I think it's certainly a possibility.
    I'm always in favor of trading for a known quantity (Stanton) over an unknown one (prospects). Plus it ain't my money and the Sox have some to spend.....

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If itís true that Giancarlo Stanton wonít wave his no-trade clause for St. Louis or Boston then itís clear to me the man has zero desire to win.

If Stantonís happy collecting his huge contract, smashing a bunch of home runs in a warm climate while playing for a perennial loser, then good for him.

I assume most players take much more pride in their careers than that though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast