Thread: GIANCARLO STANTON TRADED TO YANKEES FOR CASTRO/GUZMAN/DEVERS

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    Where he wants to go and where the Marlins actually have viable offers are two very different things. The Dodgers aren't that interested apparently.
    Never underestimate a "mystery team"

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Never underestimate a "mystery team"

True enough but the Dodgers are in almost as bad a situation contract wise as the Giants. They do of course have a much better farm system but who doesn't.
    I PC Jeff Frye and Ozzie Smith. Working on 2017 A&G and Donruss Optic currently
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True enough but the Dodgers are in almost as bad a situation contract wise as the Giants. They do of course have a much better farm system but who doesn't.
    Marlins?

Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Marlins?

Probably true. Both systems are pretty bare.
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Radio reports out of SF have the GM saying the "framework is in place" for the trade, now it seems to be up to Stanton...
    Currently looking for: 2012 Ultra football (1992 style) #31 Rudy and Gold parallel version of 2011 Bowman Platinum Chase Utley #94.

Always looking for: 2008 BC Jake Peavy Orange Refractors /25, have 6 so far.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    Radio reports out of SF have the GM saying the "framework is in place" for the trade, now it seems to be up to Stanton...
    Framework was in place five days ago. For the Cardinals and Giants.

Everyone is just waiting on Stanton to make up his mind at this point.

Hurry the f*ck up already.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    We've been waiting for nearly a week for him to make up his mind
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Framework was in place five days ago. For the Cardinals and Giants.

Everyone is just waiting on Stanton to make up his mind at this point.

Hurry the f*ck up already.
    Are you hoping that the Cardinals get him or are you against such a trade?

Or does it really not matter one way or another?
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stanton might shut it down altogether and just play in Miami.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post

I do hope the Cardinals get him, but Iím not going to be upset in the slightest if they donít.

If Stanton goes to the Giants or Dodgers, that works for me too because itís going to really hurt both of those franchises financially for years, so thatís a win for the Cardinals too.

St. Louisí financial situation for the next several years is fantastic, and then taking on Stantonís contract wouldnít be that big of a hit.

But the way I look at it, wherever Stanton lands except for the Dodgers, itís just going to be a three year deal anyway.

This will really hurt the Giants if he goes there though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post

I'm hoping the Cards get him but if they don't I'm sure they'll pivot and grab Yelich, Ozuna, or Donaldson. They can't afford to stand pat again this year with the fanbase starting to get a bit unruly about always finishing as runner-up in big trades/FA signings.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping the Cards get him but if they don't I'm sure they'll pivot and grab Yelich, Ozuna, or Donaldson. They can't afford to stand pat again this year with the fanbase starting to get a bit unruly about always finishing as runner-up in big trades/FA signings.
    Iím really really really really p*ssed about Mozeliak saying they were done with the rotation after getting the lizard nobody yesterday.

P*ss on Mozeliak. He is worthless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m really really really really p*ssed about Mozeliak saying they were done with the rotation after getting the lizard nobody yesterday.

P*ss on Mozeliak. He is worthless.
    They have about 9 pitchers for 5 spots. Rotation is my smallest concern with the Cardinals right now.

Throw in the fact that the best FAs in this pitching class are scary due to injury or decline but are still going to get paid a ton for a long time and I'm glad he's out of the pitching market.
    Last edited by WizardofOz1982; 12-07-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have about 9 pitchers for 5 spots. Rotation is my smallest concern with the Cardinals right now.
    Alex Reyes?
    -Unproven and coming off Tommy John.

Adam Wainwright?
    -Done.

Michael Wacha?
    -Shoulder could flare up at any moment.

Luke Weaver?
    -Showed last year he wasnít quite ready yet.

Jack Flaherty?
    -More far off than Weaver is.

Lance Lynn?
    -Gone, but a much better option than anyone I have mentioned so far. Why the Cardinals donít want him Iíll never know. I mean, I know why, and I think itís stupid. He speaks his mind and Mozeliak hates that. See what happened with Pham at the end of the season.

Carlos Martinez?
    -Inconsistent and more worried about swag than being an ace.

Miles Mikolas?
    -Yeah, who the f*ck is this guy? Iíll wait and see before making judgment.

I donít think the pitching staff is in good shape at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex Reyes?
    -Unproven and coming off Tommy John.

Adam Wainwright?
    -Done.

Michael Wacha?
    -Shoulder could flare up at any moment.

Luke Weaver?
    -Showed last year he wasn’t quite ready yet.

Jack Flaherty?
    -More far off than Weaver is.

Lance Lynn?
    -Gone, but a much better option than anyone I have mentioned so far. Why the Cardinals don’t want him I’ll never know. I mean, I know why, and I think it’s stupid. He speaks his mind and Mozeliak hates that. See what happened with Pham at the end of the season.

Carlos Martinez?
    -Inconsistent and more worried about swag than being an ace.

Miles Mikolas?
    -Yeah, who the f*ck is this guy? I’ll wait and see before making judgment.

I don’t think the pitching staff is in good shape at all.
    You and I will just have to agree to disagree.

Carlos Martines - Bonafide Ace. You can put his numbers up against anyone else in baseball (non-Kershaw All Time Great division), especially as a 26 year old. I don't care what he does on the mound or what his hair style is that day when he gets the results he gets.

Michael Wacha - You could say that about any pitcher's shoulder. He's been healthy most of the last three years and isn't any more an injury risk than any other pitcher right now.

Miles Mikolas - MLE's for his transition from Japan are very good. Who knows but I think he'll be fine. I'm not expecting the second coming of Yu Darvish but

Luke Weaver - You must have watched a different Luke Weaver than I did. Do the Cardinals have two? He was filthy in AAA then got better in the majors. He's ready.

Alex Reyes - Probably going to be a little late into the season due to TJS but he's already throwing and on track for Opening Day. It'll be a rusty year I'm sure but he'll be fine. When this is the 5th or 6th guy in your rotation then you're okay.

Jack Flaherty - There's a reason he's at the top of every team's trade want list from the Cardinals. I don't think he'll be a major league ace next year but he'll be more than serviceable as the 5th/6th option and could be quite a bit better.

Slots 7-9:
    John Gant
    Sandy Alcantara
    Austin Gomber
    - Most teams would be overjoyed if they had someone as solid as these three as their 7th, 8th, or 9th option.

Adam Wainwright - He wasn't even on my list. I agree he's done as a top starter. It was pretty obvious he was pitching through injury all of last year though and he still put up ~130 innings of league average pitching by fWAR. If he's the 5th guy/long man out of spring training then the Cards are in fine shape. The biggest issue with Wainwright was Matheny's lack of a spine to shut him down.

Lance Lynn - It has nothing to do with speaking his mind. He wants $20 million per year. No. I'd love to have him back but no.
    Last edited by WizardofOz1982; 12-07-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast