Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP Bobby Doerr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Sad news for sure. A true gentleman. The world, not just the baseball world, lost a good one here.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Great example of a great man on and off the field. Will always be one of the most underrated Red Sox in my mind, yes even though he is a hall of famer, sad day.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
RIP Robert Pershing Doerr :( :( :(

Lived a great long life, one of the nicest guys you could ever know. For those who have yet to read The Teammates by David Halberstam, I highly recommend it.

I'll post my collection this weekend, have to retake a bunch of pics because my collection is only in PB at the moment.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
RIP Robert Pershing Doerr :( :( :(

Lived a great long life, one of the nicest guys you could ever know. For those who have yet to read The Teammates by David Halberstam, I highly recommend it.

I'll post my collection this weekend, have to retake a bunch of pics because my collection is only in PB at the moment.

The Teammates is one of my favorite books. All baseball fans should read. Hell even anyone with friends should read this story of four co-workers who ended up lifelong pals, it's a great read.

autocut

He definitely appreciated his fans which said a lot about his character.
5bc9fdbfb1c8d25c7ef8a162ce8663d8.jpg
06713df5ddd3192d5f780dd1637e6190.jpg

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online