Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FINALIZED 2018 BOWMAN CHECKLIST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Just finished my "star chart" for 2018 Bowman, in which I separate names into value tiers, or stars. This year, naturally, I've added rookies.

Results:
Five-stars - 1. (guess who)
Four-stars - 5.
Three-stars - 25.
Two-stars - 25.
One-star - 4.

Not elaborating, but this is below last year's Bowman. I charted only prospect autos then, but I had six 5-star guys and three 4-star guys.

Wow, that's pretty bad. I know who the five star guy is and I'm assuming a good portion of the four star names are of A) prospects who have already had an autographed card in previous products & B) rookies. I'll take a stab at it...

1. Luis Robert 2. Royce Lewis 3. Hunter Greene 4. Rafael Devers 5. Rhys Hoskins (other guesses - Gore, Robles, Buehler, McKay)

Did I miss someone?

Last year's Bowman - 46 prospects, 17 rookies.

Ever so slightly less.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wow, that's pretty bad. I know who the five star guy is and I'm assuming a good portion of the four star names are of A) prospects who have already had an autographed card in previous products & B) rookies. I'll take a stab at it...

1. Luis Robert 2. Royce Lewis 3. Hunter Greene 4. Rafael Devers 5. Rhys Hoskins (other guesses - Gore, Robles, Buehler, McKay)

Did I miss someone?

Without elaborating - nope. :)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If I haven't told you enough bull**** yet, I'm going to sit on my cases and wait to see breaks before I decide what to do.

Rookie Autos are generally shortprinted when compared to prospect autos, so this is a wise course of action.

Keep in mind though, Ohtani will have both English and Japanese signed cards. Whether this means 1) half/half, or 2) production has been blown up, no one knows yet.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Just finished my "star chart" for 2018 Bowman, in which I separate names into value tiers, or stars. This year, naturally, I've added rookies.

Results:
Five-stars - 1. (guess who)
Four-stars - 5.
Three-stars - 25.
Two-stars - 25.
One-star - 4.

Not elaborating, but this is below last year's Bowman. I charted only prospect autos then, but I had six 5-star guys and three 4-star guys.

To touch on this again...to be fair, last year was one of the most loaded Bowman products I have seen in over a decade. Possibly ever.

Regardless, only six 4/5 star names seems pretty bad, particularly when only one of them is a 5 star.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Rookie Autos are generally shortprinted when compared to prospect autos, so this is a wise course of action.

Keep in mind though, Ohtani will have both English and Japanese signed cards. Whether this means 1) half/half, or 2) production has been blown up, no one knows yet.

Exactly what I'm waiting to find out. I like some of the other named autos of prospects and rookies but I would rather chase singles that I want.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Someone feel free to shoot a mike shawaryn my way. Was hoping Travis lakins would have some ink, but it will happen soon enough i suppose.

Members online