Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can it be? Finally have reached 100%

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
After umpteen years of collecting - I have finally tracked down the last pack issued non 1/1 for my Travis Fryman collection. I wasn't sure I would ever get to this point, but lo and behold, I have. I'm still trying to track down other items - such as the 1998 Pinnacle Certified non-released items (see Mirror Red pickup below) and some show issued or buyback stamped items (also see below).

CiYRA36.jpg
emad92n.jpg

TWX7Fwn.jpg
XiQ8Mut.jpg

I reached out to the seller who I got this from - but they never answered. I'd like to know if the Mirror Blue, the base, and the red versions are available. I have a mirror gold already that I picked up years ago.
SmaBil1.jpg

Here is the card that I finally tracked down. The 1998 Bowman Chrome Gold Anniversary Refractor 4/5. I know there has been scrutiny over these being possibly fakes. I can't tell you one way or another. It looks good to me. I scanned the serial numbers of this and my copy of the gold 30/50 and blew them up for a comparison. Feel free to judge for yourself.
QSxh7gr.jpg

9jE2k6n.jpg

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
The buybacks are maddening, because there isn't really a checklist and WHO KNOWS if each card has all of the parallels!

Awesome job getting to 100%. I slowly plug away at Darryl Kile, but I doubt I ever reach the end!

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Congrats. Always curious y people player collect who they do. Care to share?

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Congrats on the milestone! I like how you distinguish with "pack issued,' as now that I am down to the nitty gritty (I think I have 22 left) with Manny Ramirez 90's cards I should consider differentiating between pack issued and non pack issued. You picked a heck of a card to end it off with- one of the best! Gotta update your sig!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
This is super impressive. I'm about 40 away from the same and it seems hopeless, glad to see someone got there, I honestly can't believe someone got there, it's just so ridiculously hard. How many frymans do you have including everything??

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Wow! Awesome work.

Are there blues for Bowman 70th? I suspected only bronze, silver and golds

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Thank you all!! To answer a couple of questions asked:

Right now, I have 910/994 cards that I have checklisted. That includes 14 1/1's. So, excluding all of the show stamped stuffed or random proofs/bankruptcy items, weird things - I'm at roughly 896/896 for completion.

I grew up a Tigers fan (mom and grandma were both fans) as I live about an hour south of Detroit. I always listened to Ernie Harwell & Paul Carey on the radio, and Al and George whenever I could rabbit ears in Channel 50 or WDIV 4 out of Detroit to watch the games on TV. My first favorite player was Alan Trammell, as I always wanted to be a shortstop too. It was when I first got into collecting cards, that Travis Fryman first got called up to the Tigers in 1990. I thought he would be a fun player to collect. I actually met him and had him sign my Tigers team ball in the winter of 1990 at a local show here in Toledo. I have faithfully pursued his cards since that point!

I still will be on the lookout for the random oddball items and any 1/1's, should they ever surface. But, those are just extra gravy, or extra sprinkles on the collection at this point. I am truly THRILLED to have completed something like this! (Especially since I just sold off my entire Champ Bailey collection!! But that's a whole 'nother topic).

Greg

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
The serial on the Fryman looks good to me, surprisingly! Considering, how many fakes have been floating out there right now...well done!

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
The serial on the Fryman looks good to me, surprisingly! Considering, how many fakes have been floating out there right now...well done!

Agreed, looks legit to me as well. I own the Ben Petrick Golden Anniv. Ref. #4/5 and I pulled it out for comparison - the serial # looks identical.

Members online