Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: set collectors. What set are you most proud of

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Marlton NJ
    Posts
    2,874
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelstepper View Post
    that's awesome

    when I thinking sets I'm thinking base cards for some reason. I'm equally proud of all the sets Im working on 2001-2009 SWEET spot signatures. hard to pick just one so I'll list them in order of my preference.
    2007 immortal
    2005 classic signatures
    2008 signatures
    2001 signatures
    2002
    2005
    2009
    2003
    2004 classic
    2004
    2007
    2003 classic
    2002 classic
    2006

    all are still a work in progress but I enjoy the chase and they look amazing all laid out together
    back in the day before the internet it was a lot more fun.. Show after show after show..lol
    I collect Ken Griffey Jr, Ryan Howard, Steve Carlton and the rest of the Phillies.
    My Site:
    http://bradswebsite.synthasite.com/

    Matthew 21:22
    "And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall recieve."

  2. #17
    Senior Member michaelstepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southeast Alaska
    Posts
    7,675
     griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo870 View Post
    back in the day before the internet it was a lot more fun.. Show after show after show..lol
    I to this day have never been to a real show. I've had a few area LCS depending on where I lived. if love to hit up shows just to see.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Marlton NJ
    Posts
    2,874
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelstepper View Post
    I to this day have never been to a real show. I've had a few area LCS depending on where I lived. if love to hit up shows just to see.
    back in the day I would go to my local mall and there would be tables from one end to the other. At least 40 to 50 tables of dealers. I went to the same mall last week. There was 3 tables....
    I collect Ken Griffey Jr, Ryan Howard, Steve Carlton and the rest of the Phillies.
    My Site:
    http://bradswebsite.synthasite.com/

    Matthew 21:22
    "And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall recieve."

  4. #19
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    8,038
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dano7 View Post
    My birth year set, 1951 Bowman. There are a number of expensive cards in there and it has Mantle's true rookie card in it.
    Is it chrome or paper?

    Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

  5. #20
    Senior Member dano7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    7,547
     mantle7man
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Is it chrome or paper?

    Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards
    They're bronzed, like the pair of baby shoes from that period!!!
    Collector of Autographs, TTM autographs, Vintage, Yankees and Mantle
    Sets completed 1955-1965, 1967, 1969, 1951 Topps Red & Blue Back, 1951 Bowman, 1955 Bowman, 1963 Fleer, 1965 Topps Embossed, 1961 Topps Stamps, 1962 Topps Stamps & 1968 Topps Game.
    Yankee needs:Two 1962 Topps stamp pairs. Need T209 Contentnea Roanoke players.dano 7 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

  6. #21
    Senior Member Pinbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Posts
    9,423
     Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the sets that I have been working on since 2004 is the Donruss Leather & Lumber - Baseball Leather Autographs
    The base autos numbered to /192 or /224 or lower depending on the player and were either "Wood" or "Leather" but the "Baseball Leather" autos are numbered to either /5 or /10..

    There are 50 cards in the set and a couple will never be made..

    I am still looking for Luis Aparico /10 and Ralph Kiner /5.. I have seen 2 Aparico' since I started collecting these.. One I offered the guy that pulled it $150 and he turned it down and the other I just missed on auction as it sold for $20..

    One of the cards that they said would be made, I actually found one..

    Here's what they look like..

    Stan Musial Glove Leather Auto /96
    Attachment 75352

    Stan Musial Baseball Leather Auto /10
    Attachment 75353

    Here's the link to my set..
    http://www.mcaf.com/pinbreaker/pers_coll/LL04/LL04.htm

  7. #22
    Senior Member michaelstepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southeast Alaska
    Posts
    7,675
     griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinbreaker View Post
    One of the sets that I have been working on since 2004 is the Donruss Leather & Lumber - Baseball Leather Autographs
    The base autos numbered to /192 or /224 or lower depending on the player and were either "Wood" or "Leather" but the "Baseball Leather" autos are numbered to either /5 or /10..

    There are 50 cards in the set and a couple will never be made..

    I am still looking for Luis Aparico /10 and Ralph Kiner /5.. I have seen 2 Aparico' since I started collecting these.. One I offered the guy that pulled it $150 and he turned it down and the other I just missed on auction as it sold for $20..

    One of the cards that they said would be made, I actually found one..

    Here's what they look like..

    Stan Musial Glove Leather Auto /96
    Attachment 75352

    Stan Musial Baseball Leather Auto /10
    Attachment 75353

    Here's the link to my set..
    http://www.mcaf.com/pinbreaker/pers_coll/LL04/LL04.htm
    awesomeness

  8. #23
    Senior Member Pinbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    Posts
    9,423
     Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is another set that I have been working on..

    2005 Donruss Timeless Treasures Salutations..

    I pulled one years ago and since they looked amazing with the picture and the unique auto.
    (well most of them)

    There are 27 cards in the set, and I hope to get most of them

    http://www.mcaf.com/pinbreaker/pers_...alutations.htm

    Attachment 75368

    Here's the list..
    Attachment 75369
    Last edited by Pinbreaker; 12-11-2017 at 03:04 PM.

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,785
     piledriver1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1975 Topps PSA 8+ set, 1955 Bowman VG set, 2005 Origins Old Judge Gold set (thought still missing Chris Burke), 2016 Flawless Team USA (only 15 cards but the checklist is pretty sweet), and the 2001 Topps Heritage Chrome set that took over a decade because I could not find Magglio Ordonez ever (until I did).

    Actually, I saw that a complete Heritage Chrome set sold for under $1000 a couple months ago. IMHO, that was a huge steal at under $10 per card. Trying to piece it together now would be pretty difficult and expensive.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases and Grady Sizemores I don't have

  10. #25
    Junior Member forgerelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    334
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smapdi View Post
    1975 Topps PSA 8+ set, 1955 Bowman VG set, 2005 Origins Old Judge Gold set (thought still missing Chris Burke), 2016 Flawless Team USA (only 15 cards but the checklist is pretty sweet), and the 2001 Topps Heritage Chrome set that took over a decade because I could not find Magglio Ordonez ever (until I did).

    Actually, I saw that a complete Heritage Chrome set sold for under $1000 a couple months ago. IMHO, that was a huge steal at under $10 per card. Trying to piece it together now would be pretty difficult and expensive.
    I saw that listing. After it sold... That was a HUGE steal. I've seen them sell for almost $3000.

    Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

  11. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,051
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. 1998 Topps TEK completed Master set of 8100 cards (all 90 patterns of all 90 players)
    Carl Tompkins
    togatx@aol.com

  12. #27
    Senior Member michaelstepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southeast Alaska
    Posts
    7,675
     griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by togaman View Post
    1. 1998 Topps TEK completed Master set of 8100 cards (all 90 patterns of all 90 players)
    that's insane. have links?

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Marlton NJ
    Posts
    2,874
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by togaman View Post
    1. 1998 Topps TEK completed Master set of 8100 cards (all 90 patterns of all 90 players)
    That is insane! I did the 2000 topps TEK numbers 1-45 pattern 1-15 for all of them (675 cards) . but didn't do the 16-20 .. maybe I should...
    I collect Ken Griffey Jr, Ryan Howard, Steve Carlton and the rest of the Phillies.
    My Site:
    http://bradswebsite.synthasite.com/

    Matthew 21:22
    "And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall recieve."

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hendersonville, Tn.
    Posts
    2,925
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1974 Topps Traded

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    2,376
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I built and sold the 1999 Bowman Chrome International Refractor set. Still have the scans:

    https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-vmPbZF/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •