Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread - Part Two..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Upper-Deck-Ken-Griffey-Jr-Super-Collector-Michael-Doffing-Magicpapa-1989-Buyback-Rookie.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
That's an awesome pull. I think its already up for sale on eBay along with the 99 Super Rave both for $6K.

That's not this one.. We looked at that one when he posted that he was looking to see what the value is.. (it's numbered 1/25 and this one is 6/25)

He was wondering if he should get it graded, and most of the Griffey collectors told him not to as they like their cards like this raw..

Last edited:

Sevilst

Apr 6, 2014
Hey all, still looking for the 1997 embossed refractor to complete mine and my dads Griffey refractor set - we have several high ends for trade or partial trade and am PayPal ready for the right fair price - collector to collector.

If you or anyone you know has with duplicates or one they are willing to sell please PM or put the word out, much appreciated.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
FYI - Mr. Vandall is the man. Have no fear dealing with him. Many multiple high end deals with him.

Dec 4, 2008
Not sure if any of you are the griffey master collection ebay seller, but whoever you are? You are amazing! Your auctions consistently generate a premium. Even $5 cards can sell for $20! ;) A few of them sold a little under what I would have expected, but many did very, very well. You do a great job for price discovery. I am even dredging up a few decent Griffey cards from my collection to sell at a few $ under your recent sales.

dictoresno

Sep 2, 2017
NJ
Not sure if any of you are the griffey master collection ebay seller, but whoever you are? You are amazing! Your auctions consistently generate a premium. Even $5 cards can sell for $20! ;) A few of them sold a little under what I would have expected, but many did very, very well. You do a great job for price discovery. I am even dredging up a few decent Griffey cards from my collection to sell at a few $ under your recent sales.

I actually picked up a really nice Mirror Image Atomic Griffey from them last month. Got it for what I thought was a steal and it was in great condition. Also picked up a perfect condition non-preview Atomic from a different seller the other day.

0394006c0e99eeb02c95672591ad0571.jpg

8c68f5bb1fc7167fe29ff52ce804a1a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Came across this as the auction was ending and thought, that price seems really low. Threw out a bid and won it. A part of me now wants to try and build the set while the more rationale part of me is screaming: “don’t you dare!” Haha

IMG_4493.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

tb3nn3tt

Jul 23, 2018
Hey guys!

As I just explained in a new thread, I'm a long time reader of the forum but new to posting. My son has just gotten to the age where we can enjoy it together and while we mostly open low-end stuff, we'd have some incredible luck, including a 1/1 Brett auto and the card I'm posting about here - a Ken Griffey Jr. Donruss Signature Series /25 auto. He gets more excited for bats and jersey cards rather than an autograph sitting on the shelf, so I figured we could sell it and let him pick another box to open.

I was going to put it up for auction, but I knew there was a big Griffey contingent on here, and I didn't see any of these cards in Completed Listings, so I didn't know if maybe they were really hard to find and if some Griffey super-collector might be trying to hunt one down:

If you would be interested (or if I'm not supposed to offer a card for sale in these threads - I'm not exactly sure of the rules...), please let me know!

Epson_07232018133252.jpg

BMaggs

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Is anyone familiar with the 89 Bowman set that can shed light into what I might have here? Both cards are mine and are scanned side by side to show size comparison. The BGS 9.5, that just arrived today, is 1/8th of an inch larger in length and width than the PSA 10. The BGS 9.5 also appears to be a different type of card stock than the regular bowman, it is more paper like. The sides of the BGS 9.5 are a bit wavy in the scan. You can really tell when you hold the card in hand.

In 1989, did Bowman have any promotional sheets or advertising sheets that this may have been cut from? I find it odd that this passed through BGS grading without any issues or modifiers to the grade. It clearly is larger and not the regular card stock. Any help or insight here would be greatly appreciated, thanks all
1989_KenGriffeyJr_Bowman_BGS9.5_PSA10_BorderSizeTest.jpg

Members online

Latest posts