Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GIANCARLO STANTON TRADED TO THE YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Wow! So much for the Yankees getting under the luxury tax. Olney is saying it isn't quite done yet though.

As a side effect, it should be very good for those of us who have hoarded his RCs.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
DzFGN2M.jpg

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
A lot of great righty bats in that lineup, is it impossible for them to get Harper now? :eek: That would probably be the best lineup of all time.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
An easy 60-70 HR per season is coming their way...

I'll take SLUMP for $100, alex!

I always think of Pujols in situations like this. Pujols was crushing it with the cardinals, went to the Angels and essentially has been a whole bunch of suck with the Angels.

I say at least a falloff year for Stanton due to changing leagues.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side

I always think of Pujols in situations like this. Pujols was crushing it with the cardinals, went to the Angels and essentially has been a whole bunch of suck with the Angels.

Pujols was 32 when he signed with the Angels (many believe older) which is generally when a player begins to leave their prime years so he was due to regress.

Completely different scenario for Stanton who just entered his prime years. I don't think he'll face any difficulties with the change in scenery. If you want something to worry about regarding Stanton, it's whether or not he can remain healthy for a full season.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT

Whole bunch of suck is a bit strong isn't it? Sure he's not the player he was but he's still driving in runs and hitting homers almost 30 dingers a year and 100 RBI...that isn't bad. If he was making 10 mil a year instead of his crazy salary he'd be viewed different but what was he going to do?? Was he going to say "nah, that's too much..". Also he's 37! 23 homers and 101 RBI!? Probably a short list of people who have done it.
Also, I think both Stanton and judge fall short of their 2017 numbers, not a bad combo but not what people are envisioning.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Whole bunch of suck is a bit strong isn't it? (...) Also he's 37! 23 homers and 101 RBI!? Probably a short list of people who have done it.

I don't think it's too strong given the amount of money his contract is and what he's produced for that money. Additionally, he has been a 1x all-star in his Angels seasons and the only league leading he's done in a halo suit is grounding into double plays - led the AL in 2014 and 2017.

BTW, Bonds in his age 36 year - 73 HR and 137 RBI! Bonds hit 45 or more HR's in his age 37, 38 and 39 years and drove in 100 RBI in 2 of those 3 seasons, so Pujols should be peaking, not meh.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
BTW, Bonds in his age 36 year - 73 HR and 137 RBI! Bonds hit 45 or more HR's in his age 37, 38 and 39 years and drove in 100 RBI in 2 of those 3 seasons, so Pujols should be peaking, not meh.

Well, that is what steroids do for a player.

Although it's not as if all players fall off in the age 32-35 range. It's just a general rule of thumb that most players do their best from ages 27-33 but there are still exceptions to the rule. Like Randy Johnson for instance.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I don't think it's too strong given the amount of money his contract is and what he's produced for that money. Additionally, he has been a 1x all-star in his Angels seasons and the only league leading he's done in a halo suit is grounding into double plays - led the AL in 2014 and 2017.

I can't tell if you are trolling me or you are serious. I'll just agree to disagree assuming that's a serious argument.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts