Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question regarding Sandy Koufax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Greetings, fellas. So, I'm thinking about biting the bullet and adding a nice Sandy Koufax autograph to my collection. Yes, they are quite expensive as I've come to realize. What would be the best item to add? I would like a nice signed baseball, but given the amount of fakes on the market, it becomes quite risky. Steiner has them, but I'm not paying $1,000. What are some companies to avoid in terms of third-party authentication? I've heard rumors about JSA and Global, so I'd like to validate on whether or not they're reputable companies. I also see that Koufax doesn't do public signings anymore, so that stinks. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, because I've never purchased anything this steep before. Thanks!! -John

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
3rd party companies are just that, 3rd party companies. They all make mistakes. Right now, the big ones are PSA/DNA, JSA, and Beckett. The only ones that you can truly trust are the first party ones, such as MLB Authentication, UDA, and when PSA/DNA and JSA offer witness authentication, which is where they were there when the item was signed.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Do not put JSA in the same boat as global... If you went w BAS, PSA, or JSA you should be fine and def not at $1000.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
3rd party companies are just that, 3rd party companies. They all make mistakes. Right now, the big ones are PSA/DNA, JSA, and Beckett. The only ones that you can truly trust are the first party ones, such as MLB Authentication, UDA, and when PSA/DNA and JSA offer witness authentication, which is where they were there when the item was signed.

This.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Do not put JSA in the same boat as global... If you went w BAS, PSA, or JSA you should be fine and def not at $1000.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Yes. Global/*** will put their sticker on anything. Check out the FAKE AF thread for some examples.

Scott F

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Yes. Global/*** will put their sticker on anything. Check out the FAKE AF thread for some examples.

Scott F

Scott,

Yeah I've seen that thread and it's never ending horror stories. I will not buying anything from global because of their bad rep. Thanks for the resource!

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
4ceb6fbfe41bc79bbc0b4144039aa117.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts