Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Say hello to my new baby :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
You would think that Koufax prices would come down a bit. He has signed a lot of cards over the last decade, but I suppose mostly in much smaller quantities than most players. Still, it is not a hard auto to find, but still very strongly priced in general.

I have a few autos and one certified but was really holding out hope of getting a 56T signed, but I think that ship has sailed. Even if he did a signing where you could send it items, the prices would be prohibitive, that I am certain.

That's what I found throughout my search which spanned hours a day for several days. Most of his autos began to surface between 2011- present. There were plenty of autos to be had, but the sellers were bullish on price. I kept seeing By It Now's for north of 400 and no best offer option.

The signed vintage were crazily priced, especially his 1955-58 cards. By It Now's on those were anywhere from $499-$2999. During my search, I wanted to meet certain criteria. 1.) Clean signature. 2.) Card is in good condition. 3.) It comes with a reputable certification. 4.) Maintains future value.

In terms of pricing, the last credible information that I found on a signing was $395 per item. I'm sure that varies depending on card, ball, photo, inscriptions (if allowed), specialty item, etc. I was looking for a signed ball at first, but most were either poorly toned or the authentication seemed suspect. I moved onto photos and those were even more suspect. I really liked the Perez-Steele graphs, but most of the autos skipped or streaked.

I finally found this one and it hit every criteria. I couldn't be happier! It's my first signed vintage card and it might not be my last!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts