Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Piscotty to the A’s.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
For two minor leaguers, reportedly.

Great move for Stephen, personally. Gets him closer to home, where his mother is battling ALS.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Good move by both teams. I was very curious as y this trade was happening until I read about his mom. I cannot imagine the stress he must have had being away from a mom fighting ALS. We lost my great grandmother to ALS. It was Christmas day 1993. When I started looking into Lou Gehrig was, I became a huge fan which turned into my Yankee fandom.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Good move by both teams. I was very curious as y this trade was happening until I read about his mom. I cannot imagine the stress he must have had being away from a mom fighting ALS. We lost my great grandmother to ALS. It was Christmas day 1993. When I started looking into Lou Gehrig was, I became a huge fan which turned into my Yankee fandom.

The Cardinals tried working out a trade with Oakland before the deadline last season, for Sonny Gray, but the Athletics traded him to New York instead. Which I still don’t understand. Oakland received two minor league players who were both out for the entire season, when they could have bad Piscotty and either Luke Weaver or Jack Flahrety.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
#STLCards acquire INF/OF Yairo Munoz and 2B Max Schrock from #Athletics for OF Stephen Piscotty. Nos. 13 & 17 on @Athletics Top 30 Prospects list: atmlb.com/2lETGyk

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
When you figure out WTF Billy is ever doing please inform the rest of us

Great value move here IMO. Piscotty could really emerge, especially if he's the doubles machine he was supposed to be originally.

They've been looking for a Corner OFer for a while now.

And looks like the Wendle trade is un-related, just too may similar players in the IF...

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Great value move here IMO. Piscotty could really emerge, especially if he's the doubles machine he was supposed to be originally.

They've been looking for a Corner OFer for a while now.

And looks like the Wendle trade is un-related, just too may similar players in the IF...
I was just talking about Billy's gray move last year if weaver was really part of the package the cards offered

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I was just talking about Billy's gray move last year if weaver was really part of the package the cards offered

As a big Sonny Gray fan, since his college days, I've taken a personal vow to never address his current situation for the %^&*#! stinkin' Yankees.

But yeah, it sounds like a better deal was available...

Members online