Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 Upper Deck Series 2- 1971 All-Star Salute Jerseys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tkd7

Jan 7, 2014
It has been a while since I posted here so here goes.

I have been looking for a couple years for a 2001 Upper Deck Series 2- 1971 All-Star Salute Jerseys - Thurman Munson and finally found one.

I thought I had the complete run but then I looked for a checklist - I found this one on upperdeck.com

Upper Deck Series 2- 1971 All-Star Salute Jerseys
2001 AS-BR Brooks Robinson - Orioles
2001 AS-FR Frank Robinson - Orioles
2001 AS-HA Hank Aaron - Braves
2001 AS-JB Johnny Bench - Reds
2001 AS-LA Luis Aparicio - White Sox
2001 AS-RC Robert Clemente - Pirates
2001 AS-RJ Reggie Jackson - Athletics
2001 AS-TM Thurman Munson - Yankees
2001 AS-TS Tom Seaver - Mets
2001 AS-WM Willie McCovey - Giants

Is anyone familiar with this insert set? I know there are bat cards as well, but I've never seen B Robby or McCovey jersey cards. Do they really exist?

Thanks for any insight!

Here is my run
img337.jpgimg338.jpg
img339.jpgimg340.jpg
img341.jpgimg342.jpg
img343.jpgimg344.jpg

tkd7

Jan 7, 2014
those are great looking
good luck, I would think if UD has them on the list they are out there?

Who knows? Could have been planned to have been included but pulled along the way?
Maybe they were 1/1 and buried in collections somewhere in the hobby?

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
are they more accurate then Beckett? I used tradingcarddb for a few of my lists. both parties included cards the other didn't, some I haven't seen from either.

that would eliminate the Mccovey then!

I do think they're more accurate than Beckett. They had some cards listed that Beckett did not for a set I was working on. I still try and get checklists from as many sources as possible and then reconcile them to make my own.

tkd7

Jan 7, 2014
Thanks for the follow-up - OK - maybe eliminate McCovey

In the tradingcarddb I see a AS-BR - Brooks Robinson - but I search on ebay and see that it is a bat card, not a jersey card.

I think the AS-HA2 Hank Aaron and AS-JB2 Johnny Bench cards in that checklist are bat cards as well.

Maybe I just complete the tradingcarddb checklist - that will be pretty easy.

Screenshot-2017-12-21 2001 UD BASEBALL CARD HOF BROOKS ROBINSON PSA 8 GAME USED BAT ALL STAR ORI.png

Members online

Latest posts