Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees Working On Acquiring Gerrit Cole

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Looks like this is gaining traction. Stay tuned.

Jeff Passan @JeffPassan
Sources: The New York Yankees are working on a deal to acquire starting pitcher Gerrit Cole from the Pittsburgh Pirates. Sides are talking, and while a final package has not come together, there is confidence. "A matter of when rather than if," one source said. The Yankees at this point are the likeliest destination for Gerrit Cole, but if that falls through, sources believe Pittsburgh is highly motivated to trade him. Likelihood Cole moves is very strong.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It always comes down to Torres.

Jon Heyman @JonHeyman
yankees have always loved gerrit cole, and maybe they work a deal eventually. but still hearing of one big holdup: pirates want gleyber to headline package, yanks want frazier to headline it.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
No Gleyber for Cole. If he didn't get hurt, Torres would've been up in the show last year. I'd be perfectly fine with Frazier headlining a package, but Fulmer should be the target. Surely the latter would cost the Yankees more, but Cole is an injury waiting to happen.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jon Heyman - "hear there has been no positive movement in recent days on gerrit cole talks with the yankees. they are still apart on the package going back. could be something for later, but no evidence anything's happening now."

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's on, it's off, it's on again.

Jim Bowden ‏@JimBowdenGM
#Yankees #Pirates close to deal that will send Gerrit Cole to the Yankees….Gleyber Torres will NOT be part of the trade according to a #Pirates source

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Joel Sherman @Joelsherman1
It is not just Torres #Yankees don't want to part with in a deal for Cole, but at least Florial/Sheffield too. My suspicion would build package around Frazier/Adams. #Pirates

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I'm not sure why the Pirates would want another outfielder. That seems like one of few positions they're good at. Of course, this is a team that has had 23 sub-.500 seasons in the last 26 years, so they're obviously not very good at making wise moves.

Members online