Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Year Night Crew Ep. 2018-01

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Good evening ladies and gents. We've been a little quiet the last few days since New Years. I for one have been covered in snow. It is a fairly rare occurence in our area but we got between 5-10 inches depending on where you are in eastern NC. The super cold temps have really hampered our digging out efforts. I saw -2* this morning which is something I have never seen. Anyways, tomorrow we are supposed to be back into the 40's for highs. How is everyone? Anything new?

I'm thinking of doing some educational classes at my local shop for newer collectors as to educate them on how to collect better. Organization, storage, and ways to collect are some of the topics I may be going over. Its easy to pick up a pack of cards but what you do with it afterwards is where I see our newer collectors really failing. I see parents not helping the kids stay organized or help them understand how to protect cards in pages, sleeves, toploaders, boxes etc. Still toying around with the idea.

Checkin in sickos!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Same weather heading up the Eastern seaboard, maybe a dash of snow tomorrow then warming up later in the week.
Just finished my closing weekend at work. I don't mind second shift but snapping back to 8am after working until 11 isn't that great

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Im one of the managers at the target in my town, lots of time in that building, been there for about a decade, including three years of third shift processing trucks.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
DAMN! So you got the inside scoop on the card aisle huh? LOL. I gotcha. I have been with Lowes for about 10 years myself. I work in plumbing. Guess who's been busier than sh*t with frozen temps the last few days??? Yup. Busted pipes are my life right now.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
evening. nothing new here. hit the ground running into the new year hobby wise. spent way too much this weekend But it's all good. need to keep focused though, keep finding myself looking at cards I normally don't pick up. lots of cool stuff out there.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Its like window shopping on Rodeo Drive. SO much suff out there. I sold off most all of my collection in November. Had a few things I held onto. Its a challenge I give myself. I get rid of everything and then build back. I have had some decent pieces find their way into my new collection. Add to that that three of my favorite products come out at years end (Draft, Bowmans Best, EEE). I even had luck with a few cello packs and a blaster of Prizm Basketball. Man, collectors go nuts over that Prizm parallels.

RoundingThird

Dec 8, 2017
midwest at the moment.
I'm thinking of doing some educational classes at my local shop for newer collectors as to educate them on how to collect better. Organization, storage, and ways to collect are some of the topics I may be going over.

I wish there was something like that here in Omaha. I'd definitely take a class like that and I'd get at least one of my kids to go with me to learn about it too.

We are supposed to be getting a blizzard here Thursday, I've been hearing. But it is always "wait and see" here. Sometimes we can have all four seasons in one day.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
It looks like Yu Darvish has a "mystery team" interested in him now :-| Someone is about to get taken to Shillville

are players hiring Probstein to be their agent? :lol:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
ESPN had a decent article that the mid-range free agent is going to be squeezed the most to take less money or sign late. I'm sure some will play elsewhere or some will stick it out and sign after spring injuries start.
I think WAR and the luxury tax play the biggest role. Why sign a mid-level guy to 10mil a year with a war of 1 when you can roll the dice on a young kid who might do about the same for 500k. Teams still spend tons of cash but think smarter.
The parallel to the economy as a whole is almost comically evident. The rich get richer, the poor lose out and the middle gets forced into their position.

Members online