Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

whats a good scanner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I bought an Epson V600 scanner just for scanning cards and for the life of me I cannot get it scan the entire image area on the scanner bed. So the bottom or top of the card keeps getting cut off. I just spent 2 hours searching for a solution online but found nothing that worked.

Can anyone help me with this?

Scott F

dictoresno

Sep 2, 2017
NJ
I bought an Epson V600 scanner just for scanning cards and for the life of me I cannot get it scan the entire image area on the scanner bed. So the bottom or top of the card keeps getting cut off. I just spent 2 hours searching for a solution online but found nothing that worked.

Can anyone help me with this?

Scott F

on my Canon scanner, I had to turn off a setting that tried to detect borders of the object being scanned, and let it scan full platen then crop manually.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I've tried changing every setting that I could, but the scanner just will not scan the full image area. It does a great job of scanning slabs, which is the main reason I got it, but only being able to scan 3 cards at a time is a huge pain in the a$$.

Scott F

dictoresno

Sep 2, 2017
NJ
I've tried changing every setting that I could, but the scanner just will not scan the full image area. It does a great job of scanning slabs, which is the main reason I got it, but only being able to scan 3 cards at a time is a huge pain in the a$$.

Scott F

what kind of scanner is it. does it offer a customized scan setting that you can set it to full platen.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
It's an Epson V600. On the actual scanner there's a "document max" arrow where the images get cut off. I'm guessing this is the way it was designed, Which I think is really, really stupid. My cheap all in one scanner the full area so I can put up to 8 cards on at once without them being cut off. The "high quality" scanner only fits 3 cards. Asinine.

Scott F

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
It's an Epson V600. On the actual scanner there's a "document max" arrow where the images get cut off. I'm guessing this is the way it was designed, Which I think is really, really stupid. My cheap all in one scanner the full area so I can put up to 8 cards on at once without them being cut off. The "high quality" scanner only fits 3 cards. Asinine.

Scott F

I've had two Epson scanners in the past, one I really liked and one I hated. What made the difference between the two for me was the software that they came with.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I use the CanoScan 9000f Mark 2. It's expensive, but the quality is usually fantastic:

Attachments

• 34907866673_8683cab4bd_c.jpg
    34907866673_8683cab4bd_c.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Members online