Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How to Display Slabbed Cards in an Album?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I did a little Google research, and there doesn't seem to be much info out there - must not be very popular. But I really prefer to store my cards in albums.

Does anyone have any info on how to do this?

This guy says he just uses 4-pocket ultra pro sheets which surprised me that would even work. Seems like it would be too flimsy and potentially slip right out.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=574006

But this looks really intriguing for higher-end slabs - appears they only exist for coin slabs?

http://www.jpscorner.com/coin-slab-albums.html

Any ideas?

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I have some of the Ultra Pro 4 pockets at the house. They're heavier plastic than the normal 9 pocket sheet and seem stiffer. I never thought about throwing slabbed cards in them but I could try it tonight and let you know how it goes. I use them primarily to store 3x5, 4x6, uncut proofs, and other oddball size issues.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I have some of the Ultra Pro 4 pockets at the house. They're heavier plastic than the normal 9 pocket sheet and seem stiffer. I never thought about throwing slabbed cards in them but I could try it tonight and let you know how it goes. I use them primarily to store 3x5, 4x6, uncut proofs, and other oddball size issues.

Please do - thank you!

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I was looking for something similar to this but didn't have much luck.

Another question I had was are there pages designed to hold cards in toploaders?

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Please do - thank you!

Be later this evening but I'll try to post some pics for you. I don't know why I never thought of it but I think it would actually work pretty well. The slabs are heavy enough I don't think you could just throw the albums around without issue but who does that anyway.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I have my slabbed cards copied on glossy index thickness paper at the copy center. I then can store that in my album and put the slabbed card in a box.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
0110182118.jpg 0110182119.jpg

The 4 pockets I have are actually BCW and they're pretty stiff. I think the Ultra Pros, if they're more flexible, would actually work better.

PSA and BGS slabs fit pretty well, either in a team bag or out. SGC slabs are too tall and too thick to really fit well, at least in the sleeves I have on hand.

Solely for display and viewing purposes at home, I think it could work. I do have some concerns that the weight of the slabs would end up stretching the sheets as the binders sat on the shelf unless you laid them flat. They aren't snug in the sheets like a raw card in a nine pocket is so turning the page requires you to be more careful or they will come partially out.

Unless you somehow secured the slabs (tape or something else) then I don't see it working well with the binders for travel.

All in all I think [MENTION=1995]dano7[/MENTION] may be on to something. You'd probably save quite a bit of room (2 sheets of 4 slabs took up most of a 1/2" binder), as well as the occasional headache from a slabbed card sliding out and going flying, if you did the scan and store method he uses. I think the slabs actually look really cool in the binder but I'm not sure it would be worth the headache to me.

Attachments

• 0110182118.jpg
    0110182118.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
View attachment 76012 View attachment 76011

The 4 pockets I have are actually BCW and they're pretty stiff. I think the Ultra Pros, if they're more flexible, would actually work better.

PSA and BGS slabs fit pretty well, either in a team bag or out. SGC slabs are too tall and too thick to really fit well, at least in the sleeves I have on hand.

Solely for display and viewing purposes at home, I think it could work. I do have some concerns that the weight of the slabs would end up stretching the sheets as the binders sat on the shelf unless you laid them flat. They aren't snug in the sheets like a raw card in a nine pocket is so turning the page requires you to be more careful or they will come partially out.

Unless you somehow secured the slabs (tape or something else) then I don't see it working well with the binders for travel.

All in all I think [MENTION=1995]dano7[/MENTION] may be on to something. You'd probably save quite a bit of room (2 sheets of 4 slabs took up most of a 1/2" binder), as well as the occasional headache from a slabbed card sliding out and going flying, if you did the scan and store method he uses. I think the slabs actually look really cool in the binder but I'm not sure it would be worth the headache to me.

Thank you! Since I already store mine flat and it's for my own viewing pleasure, I might do it. Still wish they had those awesome cases like they do for coins. Those are awesome.

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017
567305a64d02dff6727a2b95a509e245.jpg

I use these also, they are flimsy and do have to be careful not to turn upside down or else they can fall out.
But it displays them nice, would love to hear other ways to display graded stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onions

Dec 8, 2014
North Dakota
I was looking for something similar to this but didn't have much luck.

Another question I had was are there pages designed to hold cards in toploaders?

I've searched these out as well to no avail. Looking for 9 pocket pages designed to hold toploaders. Found a seller with 6 pocket pages. Fairly expensive.

If you are familiar with the Perfect Fit sleeves, they are looking at adding a line of pages to hold toploaders. Hopefully they are able to do it. I would love it.

I have all my stuff in toploaders with the Perfect Fit sleeves. Right now just in BCW boxes, but only the "graded card" boxes have wide enough rows to hold the sleeved toploaders. I can store sleeved toploaders in the 3 row boxes, but the middle row is too narrow for them.

Members online

Latest posts