Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF '18 Results (43%)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
If Jim Edmonds was knocked out on his first try, the Hall of Fame voters shouldn’t even be allowed to include Andruw Jones on their ballot.

Edmonds > Jones in every way.

I agree Edmonds should have gotten way more attention on the ballot, that is still confusing to me. Im not as convinced he's that much better than Jones though.

For one more thought on Vizquel and anyone who thinks he should be a HOFer, was he ever, in 24 years the best shortstop in the league? He was also never even a serious MVP candidate. I can't think of a year he was the best player on his team. He was a good defensive player for a very long time but not a hall of famer

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Listen my opinion is my opinion as others there’s no insults here. The insults are people like you butting in and putting your voice in we’re it don’t belong. Then you make a weak effort about the subject. Everyone’s going to disagree with other’s choice. (Really, that’s a bright statement), mind your business. Have an opinion or stay out of my business and choices as well
As others.

It’s a forum with excitement without being live with the person. It’s fun.

Again mind your business. What are you a mediator.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

So telling people to mind their business on an open forum isn’t an insult? Saying there are no insults here and then telling him to butt out and saying his voice doesn’t belong isn’t an insult? Saying he made a weak effort isn’t an insult?

Your post right here is why you have no credibility and are a discredit to these boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
So telling people to mind their business on an open forum isn’t an insult? Saying there are no insults here and then telling him to butt out and saying his voice doesn’t belong isn’t an insult? Saying he made a weak effort isn’t an insult?

Your post right here is why you have no credibility and are a discredit to these boards.

Ok that makes me so sad mr met I’m so hurt. Again another comes in without a point in topic. THAT’S WHY I STAYED OFF THE BOARDS AND WILL GO BACK TO IT.

What do you care about a topic opinion what do you thing all kids should get a trophy mr met. I’ve heard your opinions before that were worse to people and I would never say anything. I never cut ANYBODY DOWN if I did or will make a statement saying. Your wrong or I thing this way. “I’m a man, I’m 40” Making a strong opinion. If you are skinny jean sensitive then just go collect your cards. Because discussion is way more fun and brain fulfilling than just collecting cardboard. Leave me alone.

I’m closing we will see if I’m right or wrong. I put down my players I thought would make it and never make it. That’s a statement and an opinion that I’m willing to take HEAT for if I’m wrong and I don’t consider them insults.

Grow up.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011

And furthermore mr met don’t take one sentence out of a post mind your own business when he had no comment on the topic but to run his mouth like you. Such as telling me what to do when I wasn’t saying anything except about players. That’s why he was told to buy out like you. If you can’t make a discussion better stay out of it or are you the discussion police.

Oh and by the way put down your 4 auto and 2 never if your man enough.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
And furthermore mr met don’t take one sentence out of a post mind your own business when he had no comment on the topic but to run his mouth like you. Such as telling me what to do when I wasn’t saying anything except about players. That’s why he was told to buy out like you. If you can’t make a discussion better stay out of it or are you the discussion police.

Oh and by the way put down your 4 auto and 2 never if your man enough.

You are literally too dumb to insult...I can’t make heads or tails of the ignorant nonsense dribbling from your keyboard...you have no right to tell anyone else to go back to school

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I know people don't like Schilling's personality, but I don't understand how he isn't automatic.

I would assume that's what's holding him back. I think if he had stayed off television or Twitter he would be 2nd or 3rd ballot. Like the steroids for bonds and clemens personal conduct is held against Shilling.
Mussina I view as a hof pitcher. 260 wins through the steroid era? never had the glitz of RJ, Pedro or some others but guy was quiety solid and clutch for some poor teams at first then of course the yankees.
I wish Edmonds had received more votes BUT it didn't surprise me. if Hoffman and Vizquel get in I won't be surprised but my feelings wouldn't be hurt if they dont.

I feel we'll have a few large HOF classes (starting 2 years ago) and continue for a few more years as the bulk of 90's and 2000's stars reach their voting point, then crash back down to 1 or 2 and committee vote ins.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
I guess what people see is his lackadaisical plate ethic, hustle or his drop off. So much wasted potential. another "what coulda been" If you make Bobby Cox mad, you gotta be doing something.

I’m done. This is why people leave you run your mouth saying don’t insult people which I wasn’t because the conversations with those people never said a word. You but in now throwing all kinds of insults like a piece of garbage. Bye.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Again, if Andrew Jones doesn’t drop off the ballot after the first year, there is something fundamentally flawed with the Hall of Fame voting system.

I personally despise Jim Edmonds, but he’s a Hall of Famer if I’ve ever seen one.

aadfdfab055a81483ae0fc4c93630dd6.jpg

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Again, if Andrew Jones doesn’t drop off the ballot after the first year, there is something fundamentally flawed with the Hall of Fame voting system.

I personally despise Jim Edmonds, but he’s a Hall of Famer if I’ve ever seen one.

You personally despise him?

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I’m done. This is why people leave you run your mouth saying don’t insult people which I wasn’t because the conversations with those people never said a word. You but in now throwing all kinds of insults like a piece of garbage. Bye.

what the hell are you talking about?! I was making an observation about Andruw. Obviously have something against me. I dont care about you one way or the other but don't let the door hit ya in the ass.
a post before mine stated something about Shilling having an attitude. Me calling Andruw lazy or taking things for granted is the same. I didnt tell anyone they were wrong, stupid or unworthy of posting an opinion on an online forum. hope you have a good rest of the weekend.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska

aadfdfab055a81483ae0fc4c93630dd6.jpg

Just by those pics I'd take Edmonds over Andruw. Defensive prowess does account for a lot, look at Ozzie. Andruw is widely considered one of the best if not the best CF statistically. who knows what the voters consider though.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I know people don't like Schilling's personality, but I don't understand how he isn't automatic.

He's the only pitcher who was never suspended for steroids with 3000+ strikeouts who isn't in the HOF. Fewer pitchers have reached that milestone number than position players have reached 3,000 hits so it's a pretty big accomplishment.

Basically what I'm saying is....I agree with ya.

Members online