Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF '18 Results (43%)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
It's ridiculous that last year many voters didn't think he was worthy but now suddenly 95% of them do.
Voters who hold back votes because they don't think a player is a "first ballot guy" should have their voting credentials revoked.

Agreed 100 percent. Here's another personal favorite "Well, the player was going to get in anyway, therefore I didn't vote for them." Instead the writer will vote for Jeff Conine who has no chance in hell over let's say Ken Griffey Jr.

Another is when a writer will incorporate their own personal agenda to keep a guy out. If the player performed well against the team they covered for 20 years, they'll refuse to vote for them. Those kind of writers have no place in the voting process.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
And Schilling is a racist how? Being a Conservative does not make you a racist despite what the liberal media may tell you.

Not sure if he is a racist but he is a documented bigot, that is for sure and nobody needs 'liberal media,' to understand that, as he proudly expresses those views.

I think he and Mike Mussina both should be in the HOF and both will eventually make it in. Can't keep a player out of the HOF for being trash.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
It's ridiculous that last year many voters didn't think he was worthy but now suddenly 95% of them do.
Voters who hold back votes because they don't think a player is a "first ballot guy" should have their voting credentials revoked.

I'm not sure why, but I disagree with this. In my opinion, there's something more prestigious about being a "First Ballot Hall of Famer" than there is about being a "Hall of Famer." To me, Vladdy is a HoFer, but not a FBHoFer. I can't logically defend it, but I get it.

With that being said, I think Roberto Alomar should've been a first ballot guy. Best second baseman I've seen in my 44 years.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I'm not sure why, but I disagree with this. In my opinion, there's something more prestigious about being a "First Ballot Hall of Famer" than there is about being a "Hall of Famer." To me, Vladdy is a HoFer, but not a FBHoFer. I can't logically defend it, but I get it.

With that being said, I think Roberto Alomar should've been a first ballot guy. Best second baseman I've seen in my 44 years.

I think what happens is there's a logjam of talent now so more than ever. This year's ballot is incredibly deep and one can make a case for 15 players. Writers know a guy will be a HOF'er eventually, so they'll cast their vote for someone else in order to keep a guy on the ballot, or feel it's time to pay homage in another direction if for only one year.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
There was one writer that wouldn't vote for anyone on the first ballot because Joe Dimaggio wasn't elected on the first ballot, therefore only players better than Dimaggio should be first ballot elections. So like 10 players. A lot of voters are really, really stupid people.

Scott F

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Unreal that Trevor Hoffman will make the HOF while a guy who was undoubtedly better than him at the same position will probably get under 10% of the vote.

Who's that? Wagner?

I loved Wagner (first auto'd card I ever bought) but Hoffman was better and should have been in last year...

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
So I don't understand how a Hall of Fame voter can leave his ballot blank? This is why the whole system is a joke.
Agreed. Dunno if u watched the HOF round table on mlb network but I believe it was mike Lowell who had the suggestion of a committee to vote. Made up of former players, GMs and historians. Many of the writers now are such DBs about the whole process

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I have certified on card autos of all 4 but like these as well.
aa8b3ff27fc833e5206d662b79316cb8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I have certified on card autos of all 4 but like these as well.

Very nice. I like when Vlad has room to spread his signature out. No Hoffman for me yet but post your certified autos, if you don't mind, I'd like to see those too. This thread is lacking cards.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure if he is a racist but he is a documented bigot, that is for sure and nobody needs 'liberal media,' to understand that, as he proudly expresses those views.

I think he and Mike Mussina both should be in the HOF and both will eventually make it in. Can't keep a player out of the HOF for being trash.
Again, not a Schilling fan but wouldn't call him a bigot either.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Who's that? Wagner?

I loved Wagner (first auto'd card I ever bought) but Hoffman was better and should have been in last year...

I don't really think there is an argument to be made that Hoffman was a better pitcher than Wagner unless your only data point is SV total. Wagner is pretty much better across the board at everything else.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I'd say the writers got it right. I'm a little bummed out about Edgar not getting over the hill, but I'd say four guys added to Morris and Trammell makes for a nice weekend. Edgar will get in next year.

Mussina has gained 40% over the last few years, so by 2020 he should finally get in. Schilling is simply hated as far as I'm concerned. He's one of the greatest postseason performers in history and only gets a bit north of 50.0%...

Good for Bonds and Clemens. They barely moved and I'm perfectly fine with that.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Until baseball has the player with the most hits and most homeruns that museum is worthless. It's a museum, it's not an homage to the greatest human beings, it's the greatest baseball players. Rose, Bonds and Clemens should be in. No one knows every single player who gambled or took any PED. Maybe Chip did, maybe Thome, Piazza, Bagwell and others did. Keeping the best pitcher and hitter of their generations out is moronic

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts