Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Pinnacle Jumbo Derek Jeter Hobby display piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have been digging through my stuff today, trying to uncover something I just can't seem to find. I came across this jumbo Jeter "card". It is poster size, but thicker. I am pretty sure it was meant to hang or be displayed in a hobby shop for that year issue. I may have written about this before, but I can't find any photos of it online and wonder if anyone else out there has one. I have never really avoided oddball sized stuff, but these real jumbo pieces are a pain to store.

image1.jpeg

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
1997 Foot Locker/Pinnacle Display. 22 1/2" x 31 1/2" cardboard.
I have the Juan Gonzalez. They are rare. I have it in a poster frame.

juan_picture.php

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Foot Locker huh? I don't remember where I got this, but it was probably not from a Foot Locker. I assumed I got it from a shop that received it as a display piece, but maybe I just bought it outright? I would never have purchased it and had it shipped as I was never a major Jeter collector, so it had to have been something I picked up locally in person. Do you know more about them?

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
This topic reminds me of a poster sized dufex card I have of Frank Thomas which was released around that time. A cool piece for my PC.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have that Thomas as well. Those retailed for around $25 if I remember correctly. Not sure if they sold many.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
I bought this one a while back from a guy out in California. He also told me they were meant for displaying at Foot Locker.

IMG_1744_zpsf27db50b.jpg