Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Couple quick questions relating to a signed Koufax jersey, thanks in advance!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
A couple years ago I bought a few MLB and NBA signed jerseys with the intention of framing them and decorating the walls of my home office room. Unfortunately, that’s yet to happen but the good news is I’m finally getting to it SMILEY. Just had a couple questions for the more knowledgeable board members in autographs and autographed memorabilia, as my hobby knowledge is mainly in cards.

When I bought this Koufax signed jersey, it did come with some known authentication (though I can’t remember which), and I lost the COA papers to boot. I’m definitely going to take the time to send it to PSA before getting it framed, but I’m almost 100% certain the autograph is authentic – if nothing else based on where I initially purchased it. I’m definitely not intending on selling this piece, but as always I’m curious about the value. If/when it gets authenticated by PSA, what would something like this typically go for? In doing some mild research I would think that the value of this particular one would be lower than average Koufax signed jerseys because it’s on a white Russell jersey; the ones that seem to be higher value are either grey Mitchell & Ness wool jerseys or the white Cooperstown Collection jerseys. Is this generally a big factor in the value/collectability of autographed jerseys of players from around the era Koufax played in? Thanks a lot in advance – any other insight would be greatly appreciated as well!

Koufax%20Jersey%202_zpsvflamc8y.jpg

Koufax%20Jersey%205_zpsq54ipavc.jpg

Koufax%20Jersey%206_zps20vrgawm.jpg

Edit: Sorry for the few photobucket pictures I can't seem to fix, hopefully the ones that work give enough of the picture. Thanks again

Last edited:

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Only thing I would say on auto's that I've found is hope for the best but expect the worst on authentication. Lots and lots of scams out there.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Great looking auto!

But being on a Russell jersey will hurt the value significantly.

Also, you might want to check the card show calendars or if PSA or Spense's website to see if they're doing a local appearance so you can get some in-person feedback, usually cheaper that way too...

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Great looking auto!

But being on a Russell jersey will hurt the value significantly.

Also, you might want to check the card show calendars or if PSA or Spense's website to see if they're doing a local appearance so you can get some in-person feedback, usually cheaper that way too...

Thank you! Unfortunately it seems like all the pictures gave up on me for some reason.

That's what I figured from my limited knowledge of autographs on jerseys, baseballs, memorabilia, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the cost to get it re-authenticated - this time by PSA - and a decent frame job costs more than the actual signed jersey is worth. Hopefully it'll be a cool looking piece when all is said and done.

Members online