Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

5,000 count boxes. where do you get them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
where do you all get your supplies? I know there is a site out there that sells supplies but I cant find it.. Any info much appreciated

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I always buy supplies at a local shop. I'm sure there are places that sell mail order, but most supplies are too heavy (at least in quantity that would get a decent discount) to justify the shipping cost.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I buy mine locally as well because I get them at cost from a dealer friend. Even if I didn't though I'd still buy them locally. Shipping costs would be pretty prohibitive.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
I try and buy from the monthly card show, but when i can't i buy from columbia cards. Usually on ebay they offer a coupon for $5 off if you buy 3 items and free shipping so I wait until i need a few different supplies.

Dan

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
What they said. With card shops drying up you could also try a local comic book shop if there’s any of those in your area. I’ve gotten some locally that they sell for gaming cards

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
thanks guys. I will check my with only card shop soon (when I can drive again due to my knee surgery) I figured the shipping would kill me on them. I used to buy them years back at shows.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I had a BCW account but didn't meet their requirements recent . I use 3200 counts not as heavy - stack 20 high . 5000 won't fit in space I have . If I had pallet space I would use 5000 .

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I had a BCW account but didn't meet their requirements recent . I use 3200 counts not as heavy - stack 20 high . 5000 won't fit in space I have . If I had pallet space I would use 5000 .

I have always used 5,000. Yes it gets very heavy but has always worked well for me. Just the ones I have are getting so old and worn...

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Sure, any decent card shop should sell them. You could also try comic shops and game shops that deal in card games like Magic and Pokemon. They all would have accounts with Diamond Comics or other distributors of such things, and should be able to order you some.

Also, not all boxes are created equal. I have one 5000-count boxes with rows wide enough to hold toploaders perpendicular to the inserts, but all my others are just a little too narrow. Most 3200-count boxes I have can hold toploaders, but a couple are too narrow. If you're in a shop, check that out. Could tilt your opinion.

Apropos of nothing, I've switched to card hotels, the things that hold twelve 800-count boxes. Prices online are crazy, but my LCS sells them for $29.95 assembled with all the boxes, which is an amazing deal. At least, sort of. Two 5000-count boxes are $10, so it's over 3x more per card, but I'm not on the quality-not-quantity plan. And with so many Magic cards, they just make more sense to store them by set that way.

Last edited:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I’m curious, Who makes a monster box that fits top loaders? And do they also fit team bags?

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Maybe we know each other. Especially if you have been to a trade day.

I never made it to trade day yet. But maybe we bumped into each other in the store. lol. I live about 8 minutes away from him (Im right behind the Marlton Diner)
I know of Brads extra innings (haven't been there in years) And I think there is someone in Medford but I believe that's all who is left...

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Brad’s has nothing. I went there in the Summer and he didn’t even have a Mike Trout base card. He has a lot of overpriced Phillies stuff. New Concept in Medford has some good deals that he will work with you on. I got some nice Chrome autos from him & some rare Trout inserts that sell for $35-$40 CHEAP for under $7! As for Evan, I have been dealing with Evan since his card show days when he was 15 lol. Trade days are fun when I am able to go when I get a Saturday off from coaching my son in basketball or baseball.

I never made it to trade day yet. But maybe we bumped into each other in the store. lol. I live about 8 minutes away from him (Im right behind the Marlton Diner)
I know of Brads extra innings (haven't been there in years) And I think there is someone in Medford but I believe that's all who is left...

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Brad’s has nothing. I went there in the Summer and he didn’t even have a Mike Trout base card. He has a lot of overpriced Phillies stuff. New Concept in Medford has some good deals that he will work with you on. I got some nice Chrome autos from him & some rare Trout inserts that sell for $35-$40 CHEAP for under $7! As for Evan, I have been dealing with Evan since his card show days when he was 15 lol. Trade days are fun when I am able to go when I get a Saturday off from coaching my son in basketball or baseball.
When I first started collecting )back around 94) the mall shows (cherry hill esp.) rocked. In the pennsauken mart had a TUN of commons. There was a store called A.K.A sports I believe on Church road. . There was a store next to the Marlton AMC. (great traditions I think) I pulled my Mayes auto there. There were so many stores. Once in a while I end up with a TUN of cards I don't need and trade them in with Even and he gives me a great break on some packs.

Last edited:

Members online