Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5,000 count boxes. where do you get them?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5,000 count boxes. where do you get them?

where do you all get your supplies? I know there is a site out there that sells supplies but I cant find it.. Any info much appreciated
    I collect Ken Griffey Jr, Ryan Howard, Steve Carlton and the rest of the Phillies.
    My Site:
    http://bradswebsite.synthasite.com/

Matthew 21:22
    "And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall recieve."

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always buy supplies at a local shop. I'm sure there are places that sell mail order, but most supplies are too heavy (at least in quantity that would get a decent discount) to justify the shipping cost.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I buy mine locally as well because I get them at cost from a dealer friend. Even if I didn't though I'd still buy them locally. Shipping costs would be pretty prohibitive.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LCS. I'm lucky to have a great one

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I make mine from Amazon boxes. I bought one that I use as a template and then cut out new ones as I need them.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    BCW supplies

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try and buy from the monthly card show, but when i can't i buy from columbia cards. Usually on ebay they offer a coupon for $5 off if you buy 3 items and free shipping so I wait until i need a few different supplies.

Dan

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, BCW. Look online for promo codes if they have one going. I prefer the three row boxes to mix in sleeved and top loaded cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What they said. With card shops drying up you could also try a local comic book shop if thereís any of those in your area. Iíve gotten some locally that they sell for gaming cards

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys. I will check my with only card shop soon (when I can drive again due to my knee surgery) I figured the shipping would kill me on them. I used to buy them years back at shows.
    I collect Ken Griffey Jr, Ryan Howard, Steve Carlton and the rest of the Phillies.
    My Site:

"And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall recieve."

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a BCW account but didn't meet their requirements recent . I use 3200 counts not as heavy - stack 20 high . 5000 won't fit in space I have . If I had pallet space I would use 5000 .

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tramers View Post
    I had a BCW account but didn't meet their requirements recent . I use 3200 counts not as heavy - stack 20 high . 5000 won't fit in space I have . If I had pallet space I would use 5000 .
    I have always used 5,000. Yes it gets very heavy but has always worked well for me. Just the ones I have are getting so old and worn...
    My Site:

JEBJJA29
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah go to Evan’s....he will hook you up!

Quote Originally Posted by bongo870 View Post
    I have always used 5,000. Yes it gets very heavy but has always worked well for me. Just the ones I have are getting so old and worn...

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, any decent card shop should sell them. You could also try comic shops and game shops that deal in card games like Magic and Pokemon. They all would have accounts with Diamond Comics or other distributors of such things, and should be able to order you some.

Also, not all boxes are created equal. I have one 5000-count boxes with rows wide enough to hold toploaders perpendicular to the inserts, but all my others are just a little too narrow. Most 3200-count boxes I have can hold toploaders, but a couple are too narrow. If you're in a shop, check that out. Could tilt your opinion.

Apropos of nothing, I've switched to card hotels, the things that hold twelve 800-count boxes. Prices online are crazy, but my LCS sells them for $29.95 assembled with all the boxes, which is an amazing deal. At least, sort of. Two 5000-count boxes are $10, so it's over 3x more per card, but I'm not on the quality-not-quantity plan. And with so many Magic cards, they just make more sense to store them by set that way.
    Last edited by smapdi; 01-18-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases and Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I’m curious, Who makes a monster box that fits top loaders? And do they also fit team bags?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast