Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FS '98 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary Refractors (/5)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Hey guys, I'm going to be working through a massive downsizing (note: not a desperate sell off) of my collection for simplicity's sake, so, I may as well start at the top with my Golden Anniversary Refractors. I'm sure any interested parties are aware of the recent drama surrounding the sheet cut copies that surfaced but I can assure you that these were all acquired prior to that development and can obviously provide thorough and comprehensive scans to confirm authenticity. A couple have even been picked up from fellow board Members here.

As a side note, I did also pickup a lot of the NNO copies when the prices became more reasonable because 1) they are still impossibly rare 2) are great player collection items and 3) for fear of someone doing exactly what they did and having them as validation against the numbered copies in my collection. Those are also available.

Here's what I got:

#15 Jeff Bagwell (#'d 4/5)
#26 Rafael Palmeiro (#'d 1/5 and 2/5)
#43 Tino Martinez (#'d 2/5)
#63 Barry Larkin (#'d 1/5)
#67 John Olerud (#'d 1/5)
#225 Barry Bonds (#'d 1/5)
#227 John Smoltz (#'d 5/5)
#284 Manny Ramirez BGS 9.5 (#'d 5/5)

...and these are the NNO versions I have:

#1 Nomar Garciaparra
#4 Ivan Rodriguez
#15 Jeff Bagwell
#20 David Justice
#23 Larry Walker
#26 Rafael Palmeiro
#27 Tim Salmon
#35 Mo Vaughn
#38 Roger Clemens
#48 Livan Hernandez
#50 Sammy Sosa
#62 Vinny Castilla
#67 John Olerud
#68 Gary Sheffield
#119 Todd Helton
#194 Lance Berkman
#213 Kerry Wood
#218 Mark Kotsay

I will try to get scans up later today.

Scans up! Numbered:

xXwIzxu.png

AF5J7oR.jpg

yfAbEPe.png

sYzzpvt.jpg

563jyq6.png

9vESERu.png

The NNO:

dF8R2cm.jpg

6eI2QWH.jpg

UU0tOfZ.png

Last edited:

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I literally gasped as I was scrolling... now I'm disappointed after seeing there is no Jose lol. Best of luck to you in selling!

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Updated with scans. Sorry about the Manny, my scanner can't handle slabs.

The Manny was acquired graded from our resident Manny collector, otherwise, I don't grade cards. All cards are being advertised as Nrmt/Mt, review scans for your own opinions.