Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Top 6 Memorable Monday Night RAW Moments.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
With the 25th anniversary episode of WWE’s Monday Night RAW airing tonight, I thought I would give my top 6 most memorable moments in RAW history.

————————————

1. Chris Jericho’s debut.
-This will probably always be my favorite WWE RAW moment. I still get goosebumps when I rewatch it. Jericho’s 1999 WWF arrival was preceded by several weeks of a mysterious ‘Countdown to the Millennium’ clock counting the hours down to zero. The Rock was in the ring cutting a promo when the arena went dark, the countdown clock appeared, music started to play, and then ‘JERICHO’ appeared on the Titan Tron. The crowd went crazy. Jericho came out and cut a fantastic back and forth promo with The Rock, and Y2J’s still going strong I’m 2018.

2. Bret Hart returns to WWE in 2010.
-In the 1990’s Bret Hart was my favorite singles wrestler, and I absolutely loved the Hart Foundation as a tag team and a stable. Bret’s unceremonious exit from the WWF at 1997’s Survivor Series was a huge blow to me as a young wrestling fan. Seeing Bret finally come home and make amends with Vince McMahon and Shawn Michaels on a 2010 episode of RAW was a huge deal to me.

3. DX Invades WCW.
-There may not have been a more talked about moment that occurred on RAW than Degeneration X’s 1998 invasion of WCW’s Monday Nitro. This was the coolest thing ever at the time. I still wish WCW would have let them in.

4. RAW/Nitro Simulcast.
-I don’t think anyone would have ever predicted that we would see parts of Nitro and RAW air simultaneously on TNT and USA. I remember watching this live and I couldn’t believe it was happening. It was monumental. WWF was the unanimous victor of the Monday Night Wars, and this was their victory parade.

5. RAW 1000.
-The 1000th episode of Monday Night RAW was held on July 23rd, 2012 in St. Louis, MO and I was lucky enough to be in attendance. My wife and I had sixth row floor seats. It was a wild show from start to finish, with the likes of ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper, Bret Hart, The Rock, Degeneration X, Slick, Howard Finkel, and Sgt. Slaughter, all making special appearances. I believe this was the only time I was lucky enough to see Roddy Piper in person, so this show holds a special place in my heart.

6. Owen Hart/Chris Benoit Memorial Shows.
-I worded this as ‘most memorable’ instead of ‘greatest’ or ‘best’ RAW moments because I knew these two moments had to be included and there is nothing great about either one of them. I know I’m cheating a bit here, but it’s my list and I’ll do what I want. Owen Hart died in a tragic accident mid-show at the ‘Over The Edge’ pay-per view in Kansas City, MO on May 23, 1999 at Kemper Arena. The very next night RAW was held at the Kiel Center in St. Louis. The show began with a ten-bell salute and video package for Owen with the entire WWF roster standing on the stage and ramp. Throughout the show wrestlers and other personalities told stories of Owen, and gave their condolences. It was an extremely sad night for all wrestling fans.
The weekend before the June 25th, 2007 RAW episode Chris Benoit murdered his wife Nancy, their 7 year old son Daniel, and himself in their Fayetteville, GA home. The bodies of the Benoit family were found the afternoon of the 25th, and there was no information released that it was a murder-suicide, so the decision was made to cancel RAW and make the episode a special three hour tribute to Chris Benoit. The show started with Vince McMahon standing alone in the middle of the ring in an empty arena. Vince explained that the show was a tribute to the lives of the Benoit family, and that throughout the night we would be hearing comments from Benoit’s co-workers. If I remember correctly, in the middle of the episode news broke that it was Benoit who killed his family and himself. I can’t even imagine the chaos that ensued backstage. This is probably the #1 story in all of professional wrestling history, and definitely deserve to be on any ‘memorable’ list.

——————————

Honorable Mention:

Rick Rude appears on RAW & Nitro in the same night.
-After what happened to Bret Hart at the 1997 Survivor Series Rick Rude left the WWF and signed with WCW. Since RAW was a taped show at the time and Nitro was live, Rude was able to appear on both shows. He was a member of Degeneration X on RAW, and announced as the newest member of the New World Order on Nitro.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
Undertaker left it open would like to see him again though I think that is why it was short. wonder if the rumors of Brock and Reigns will happen at mania and that is why he lost?

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I always loved the Pillman has a gun segment. That was the best thing they did up till that point. And the supermarket brawl between Austin & Booker T. is a forgotten gem. Those would be in my Top 5 RAW moments.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I always loved the Pillman has a gun segment. That was the best thing they did up till that point. And the supermarket brawl between Austin & Booker T. is a forgotten gem. Those would be in my Top 5 RAW moments.

I was honestly going to include the Pillman/Austin gun segment in my original post, but I honestly got sick of researching details and typing.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
I have too many favorites. Austin/Tyson, Jericho debut, Austin/Pillman gun incident, Jericho throws Shawn Michaels into Jeritron, Batista thumbs down and challenges Triple H at Wrestlemania, Mick Foley winning WWF World Heavyweight title comes to mind