Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When do you get outta the hobby?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
When I die....
....or when I get bored of it
Whichever occurs first.

But in all seriousness, I have gotten out of this hobby so many times I can't even count. I'll start a PC of some particular player and then down the line I'll need the money or just want to clear space and sell it off. It's generally when a new season begins and I get all excited about some talented player that pulls me back in. Just when I think I'm out....

It was prospecting that brought me back into the game this latest time and I've gone a few years without selling everything off. Now I only sell off certain prospects when it suits me to maximize profit. But the money goes right back into other prospects. Buy low, sell high...you know how it is.
I like to buy high and sell low

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Last year, I had no pick ups the entire first 6 months of the year, but made up for that in the latter half. I have collected in spurts over the years. I have thought about getting out many times, but each time it has been nice to come back to collecting when time allows. I don't think I'll be able to ever get out completely. I too have mellowed over the years with my trading, the frequency and amount of searches, and collecting goals.

What has helped me is that when my collecting interest wanes, I find myself curating my collection. Over the years, I have been able to trim the less desired items and hold on to what I really enjoy keeping. That not only keeps my desk and shelf from overflowing but give extra funds towards things I want for cards and other hobbies.

I feel I will always continue to chip away at my Yankees Topps & Heritage team sets and my Paul O'Neill playing years collection. Aside from that, I have a dozen or so high-end Yankee cards I am really after.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Last year, I had no pick ups the entire first 6 months of the year, but made up for that in the latter half. I have collected in spurts over the years. I have thought about getting out many times, but each time it has been nice to come back to collecting when time allows. I don't think I'll be able to ever get out completely. I too have mellowed over the years with my trading, the frequency and amount of searches, and collecting goals.

What has helped me is that when my collecting interest wanes, I find myself curating my collection. Over the years, I have been able to trim the less desired items and hold on to what I really enjoy keeping. That not only keeps my desk and shelf from overflowing but give extra funds towards things I want for cards and other hobbies.

I feel I will always continue to chip away at my Yankees Topps & Heritage team sets and my Paul O'Neill playing years collection. Aside from that, I have a dozen or so high-end Yankee cards I am really after.

I TOTALLY understand the high end Yankee cards part!!!!!

Prophet

Dec 5, 2017
Ohio
I quit collecting in 1994 and started back up again last fall. My vision for the hobby is to have like a window garden style collection. Small and simple but sweet. I might purchase 5 cards (each for $100 or more) in the whole year and open two or three packs but I am active on the Topps Bunt app. Buying boat loads of cards is just too much for me and I would quickly burn out.

Members online