Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How much 90's product was dumped?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I've been searching around for the 1997 Upper Deck Power Package Jumbo and it seems as though I'm in the same boat as many others - they just don't seem to be around! From what I gather, they were exclusive to the Sam's Club boxes. That got me to wondering: If they didn't sell, what did Sam's Club do with the remaining product?

I remember hearing someone say Eckerds in the late 90's early 00's dumped a ton of unopened boxes, but can't recall who what or where it was.

Do you have any stories to tell?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
MY son and I were at our local Walgreens in 1999 and they had an end cap with boxes of 1998 Sky box basketball and 1998 Circa for 10 cents a pack. I asked the store manager if he had any more in the back. He said around 70 or so of each. He then said he just wanted to dump them and he would sell them to me for $1 a box.
I crap you not. I got 80 boxes of 1998 Circa. and 97 boxes of the Skybox basketball. My son and I had a great time opening them. The basketball was amazing. We got 2 complete set of the auto graphics. Rookies ( expired redemptions, SAD.) Because they were retail cards. And a few nobody's. But the Jordan cards we pulled I still have one of each.

The Circa were also retail and had no Serial numbers cards. but we put together almost 10 complete insert sets. That was the best deal I have ever seen. So for less than 200 bucks we got 177 boxes of cards. I still have one complete set of all the inserts from that product.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
never lucked up on those but busted inventory found me = 800,000 . Have over 50,000 basketball asked if I wanted - just waiting for call to get . That's two stores and several private collectors stock so far . Always trading.

Members online