Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 topps cards look sharp to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I ran across some blasters last night and grabbed three. At first I saw two rainbow foil. When I looked back through them I saw a gold. Nothing else really special. Tons of inserts.

7 - 1983's
13 - Derek Jeter Highlights
2 - Home Run Challenge
9 - Legends in the Making
5 - MLB Awards
20 - MLB Opening Day
3 - Players Weekend Patch, 1 Gold
4 - Superstar Sensations
2 - Topps Now Top 10
8 - Topps Salute

Base Jaso
View attachment 76675

Gold Polanco
View attachment 76676

Players Weekend Patch
Cano
View attachment 76677

Rosario
View attachment 76678

Tanaka Gold /50
View attachment 76679

Lol, this patch was NOT worn during players weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Still not onboard with the design. Picked up a 72-pack at Target last night, and seeing them in person doesn't improve my opinion. The name space bars just bugs me. The organic curve of the wave at one end, obscuring the team logo and first letters, leading to the granular, digital 'pixel' decay at the other end. It just doesn't work for me. But I got a gold #/2018 Cody Bellinger and a Pink #/50 Robbie Grossman in the pack, and I think the design, for about the 10th year in a row, will look a lot better in Chrome, especially if they engrave the waves and pixels, but of course they won't. If they go to the full saturation background for the colored parallels, they'll look really sharp, though, like the 2003-2004 era Bowman Chromes.

I really like the Independence Day parallels, though. The stars and stripes design is sweet. I keep saying I want to not take on any new projects, but I really think I might dive into that. If it wasn't a full-set parallel it'd be a no-brainer. Although 76 copies will make it a lot easier than what I usually go after.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Couldn't wait for my hobby box, busted a blaster, did pretty well, tons of inserts. I like the design, excited to put the set together.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
My box came and I busted it in a way that makes 10 year old me jealous as hell. I'm mostly just looking to build the base set but I did ok on the insert side too.
Chris Sale jersey red #1/25. home run challenge Michael Conforto, the card reminds me of the old UD predictor cards or collectors choice crash the game, I like it. Pulled a Judge gold, would have been great last year.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Single pack of jumbo and I got this
e3b19dfabcd753b9673db2a41ab30ba1.jpg

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
My box came and I busted it in a way that makes 10 year old me jealous as hell. I'm mostly just looking to build the base set but I did ok on the insert side too.
Chris Sale jersey red #1/25. home run challenge Michael Conforto, the card reminds me of the old UD predictor cards or collectors choice crash the game, I like it. Pulled a Judge gold, would have been great last year.

Would love to see pics

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Maybe I've got it now, whole stack of inserts there, 83s, superstar sensations, salutes, just the base, no color on them though. I haven't started to sort the base set by numbers but I'd guess I probably got 85% of the set.IMG_20180208_161757.jpg

Members online