Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

10PM, I'm buzzed, and breaking a 2005 Leaf Baseball Hobby Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Had a company function tonight, open bar. Came home buzzed and there's a package for me. Box of 2005 Leaf I found cheap on eBay. What the hell, after a long day of sales meetings and trainings, busting a box seems like a good idea.

2005 was my favorite year for collecting. I like the Sportscasters in this product. Hopefully I hit someone good.

First couple of packs: Mike Mussina and Nomar Garciaparra sportscasters

Sean Casey Game Collection Auto/Bat #015/200. Cool - I like "The Mayor." All the players loved reaching first base and talking with him on the field. He's a Fox sports analyst now, right?

Mark Prior sportscaster, pretty low serial number out of 20.

Sweet! A Mike Piazza Road Jersey game used patch card. 3 color swatch from nameplate or something. It's numbered 31/50. Wait, isn't that his jersey number? Oh hell yeah - it is! You can see 31 on the photo on front. That's a nice hit! Patch card numbered to his jersey #, and a damn fine player.

Some lame inserts - Gamers, Alternate Threads, Picture Perfect

Willie McCovey sportscaster.

A die-cut "Clean Up Crew" card of the Mets - Gary Carter, Keith Hernandez, and Darryl Strawberry. I know this one is serial numbered out of 250 because I have the Cubs version in my PC. There were non-die cut versions too. #224/250.

My man Vladimir! - but just a common insert. "Road"

Lots of blank decoy cards.

Carl Yastrzemski in back to back packs - a Sportscaster and a Cornerstones insert. Took me 3 times just now to spell his name right.

Couple packs left. A blue press proof of forgettable Brad Wilkerson #/75. At least we share a first name.

Thome sportscaster. Kinda struck out on those. They're all numbered 50 or less - but so many different variations!

A Yankee 4 Star Staff insert with Clemens, Pettite, Rivera and Mussina.

Yeah, that's it. A gold leaf stars Randy Johnson in the last pack.

Good box for 2005 Leaf - avoided some long forgotten rookies and got two veterans for my hits. The Piazza card is very nice.

I'll add scans in the morning.

Okay, seems I left this open on my computer and didn't post it last night. So I'll add scans now and post.

img012.jpg

img013.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts