Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Collecting of the Yesteryears wrapper style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
I was at my parents house and going through boxes when I found this container of card wrappers I somehow kept.
IMG_6720.JPG

Digging through it reminds me of what I collected when I was growing up along with who was on the cover packs. Let's head down to memory lane
IMG_6723.JPG
IMG_6725.JPG
That 2006 draft was overhyped. Matt Leinhart was a bust. Further down there was Trent Dilfer on Skybox football. There was John LeClaire on Fleer Ultra. He was part of Flyers Legion of Doom line. You got Patrick Roy and Troy Aikman on their respective Upper Deck set
IMG_6728.JPG
Mantle and ARod on 2006 Topps. The late Dale Earnhardt on last Pro Set racing set. Reggie Bush, another bust from 2006 draft on the Playoff set. You have LeBron (Upper Deck), Juan Gonzalez (Topps 98), and the familiar Ken Griffey Jr of Upper Deck set
IMG_6731.JPG
Wayne Gretzky on two Upper Deck sets and different jerseys including half season stint with Blues. Topps 40th anniversary set feature Joe Namath and Steve Young. Dale Earnhardt on another racing set this time Pinnacle. Late Tony Gwynn on 96 Topps series 2 cover while Barry Bonds on 97 Topps.
IMG_6734.JPG
John Stockton on 95-96 Topps. Hakeem Olajuwon on 97-98 Topps. Illustrated Dan Marino on 94 Upper Deck. Wish I could win a trip to Super Bowl. Then there's Spiderman
IMG_6736.JPG
Upper Deck love using Wayne Gretzky on their covers. Hoops have Grant Hill banking on him as next superstar before injuries got rid of his explosiveness. In one year Hoops gave out four free plastic card holders. Jeff Gordon grace the cover on Upper Deck NASCAR set. David Robinson feature on 96-97 Topps.
IMG_6739.JPG
The final one. Fleer strangely slap Eric Fichaud on the cover of Metal set. At least they got Chipper Jones on it.

Fun trip through the past years. Those wrappers still going to stay in the box stashed somewhere at my parents house

Last edited:

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
They are an excellent link to bygone days and sets. Great that you re-connected with them!!!! I try to keep a wrapper from each product I buy. I have gone back and added a wrapper to most of my vintage complete sets, to complete the set! Another hobby within the hobby!!!

Members online

Latest posts