Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew Feb 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Had a late-night firewall migration with around 12 team members in on the action. I had to be physically present at the datacenter in Portland; everyone else was remote from their houses. The change did not go as planned, so we had to roll back. Drank some good coffee beforehand, so I'm back home but not tired yet.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
You know its Spring Training when the Felix Hernandez nut hangers at Seattle Times write about how awesome he is doing and (let me guess) how much weight he has lost. :| Here is the thing- if you lose 30+ pounds every year and remain at the same number, then you are gaining it back at the other times of the year. :rolleyes:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Hey all, hope the weekend is going well. We've been getting buried in snow up in the Northeast.

I've been digging through a lot of 300 lineup cards I picked up; thanks to an assist by mchenrycards who let me know about the lot posted on another message boards.

Digging through I've found some pretty cool cards. Night I discovered a couple of cards from Andrew McCutchen's rookie season. One of them was from the game he hit his 1st Major League homeruns... Pretty cool.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Lineup cards like the ones in 08 UD Black? those were pretty cool, but iirc they were the most common in that set so not as desired.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Hey dudes. I finally spent some more time on my eBay API module. I've got it taking a search string and doing a 'findCompletedItems' request, saving that to a CSV, and also saving the auction image to a folder. I also figured out out to programatically get the Best offer price, which was a pain in the ass.

I wanted to be able to record prices of eBay stuff I'm interested in, and have my own version of Worthpoint that I can dig through whenever. Now I've got eBay pricing for my test search "2011 heritage tint -(minor,minors,620)" all the way back to October. I'll have that forever, and can keep adding to it, so eventually I'll have years' worth of data even though eBay only gives us 90 days at a time.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Tried to change my sig to that Aaron Boone/Simple Jack mashup... but only allowed 1 pic in sig :(

In baseball news:

1. Everyone loves Hosmer's 8 years, 144mil . . . except me.

2. Mets GM fcking says that Tim Tebow will be MLBer eventually. :rolleyes:

3. Felix Hernandez doesn't think he needs to change anything this year, and also says he threw all his pitches during bullpen session "change, curve, slider, sinker" (aka admits he doesn't have a fastball anymore) ;)

4. Mike Moose to the Yanks?!?!?!

5. fcb legend [MENTION=5670]linuxabuser[/MENTION] invents historic ebay tool, jvhaste too confused how to take advantage..

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Going to be a long boring night at work.

You have computer access for work, but have to look busy? Or do you have the whole place to yourself...?

I see Cowboy Cerrone won in the UFC tonight (haven't viewed yet) loved how that guy was always always active fighting 4-5 times a year and against killers. A true HOFer (too bad UFC HOF means nothing)

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hey ya bunch of screwups. Got off work a lil while ago. Off the next two days. Already bored. Its gonna be hot here this week. 80's in February. Yay for this crappy weather. In other news, ECU swept Western Carolina in opening weekend series for college baseball. And to top that off, MLB has their first games later this week. I'm ready for some ST games.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Tried to change my sig to that Aaron Boone/Simple Jack mashup... but only allowed 1 pic in sig :(

In baseball news:

1. Everyone loves Hosmer's 8 years, 144mil . . . except me.

2. Mets GM fcking says that Tim Tebow will be MLBer eventually. :rolleyes:

3. Felix Hernandez doesn't think he needs to change anything this year, and also says he threw all his pitches during bullpen session "change, curve, slider, sinker" (aka admits he doesn't have a fastball anymore) ;)

4. Mike Moose to the Yanks?!?!?!

5. fcb legend [MENTION=5670]linuxabuser[/MENTION] invents historic ebay tool, jvhaste too confused how to take advantage..

:D

Hosmer signing sucks to me too - he isn’t worth it.

My longer term goal with the eBay tool is to make it a web app where you can sign in and access this info too, and have your own set of saved searches. Except that I suck at front-end web development, unlike [MENTION=3478]bradical[/MENTION], who made sortsof.com.

Members online

Latest posts