Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 287

Thread: Night Crew Feb 2018

  1. #151
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    17,558
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God bless baseball.





    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  2. #152
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest question for '18 baseball is how the balls are compared to last year. Still juiced? (if they were at all) something was fishy. Another big question is how many games Marlins will lose. I honestly like watching a circus.

  3. #153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    7,837
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, no truer words have been spoken! I am so ready. Nothing against football or basketball, but man, baseball is my passion. I watched so many games last year and it was great! I think last year was the first year I really got to enjoy Spring Training and then when the season started, I caught more games than ever. I'm ready for it again this year.
    I collect lots of things. Things that catch my eye. If you got what I need, please let me know

  4. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    7,837
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the Marlins will be as bad as everyone thinks. I'm sure at times it will be a shiit show but I have faith in Mattingly to keep the team together. They definitely have some young talent that they will employ and Jeter doesn't want to look like a big ass failure to the Marlin faithful. I'm sure they will make a go of it. I will say 90 games.
    I collect lots of things. Things that catch my eye. If you got what I need, please let me know

  5. #155
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blanning71 View Post
    I don't think the Marlins will be as bad as everyone thinks. I'm sure at times it will be a shiit show but I have faith in Mattingly to keep the team together. They definitely have some young talent that they will employ and Jeter doesn't want to look like a big ass failure to the Marlin faithful. I'm sure they will make a go of it. I will say 90 games.
    A team that lost 85 games one year then loses its 4 best hitters could be shtzville. Its hard to even guess considering theres no benchmark of a team losing 4 guys worth 20+ WAR combined and being bad to begin with. I guess the most fun will be seeing Ichiro as an every day player again but he might fade badly. I was shocked when we went to MIA in the first place as it seemed the least likely spot to get playing time.

    Jeter did a good job for the guys upstairs, not only did he dump salary but he did it in a way where the luxury cap would be pierced sending even more money to MIA

  6. #156
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Esteban Loaiza got busted for massive amounts of Coke and Heroin. What tipped the law off was when he pulled the officer over and asked "which way to Jon Jones house?"

  7. #157
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    580
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    A team that lost 85 games one year then loses its 4 best hitters could be shtzville. Its hard to even guess considering theres no benchmark of a team losing 4 guys worth 20+ WAR combined and being bad to begin with. I guess the most fun will be seeing Ichiro as an every day player again but he might fade badly. I was shocked when we went to MIA in the first place as it seemed the least likely spot to get playing time.

    Jeter did a good job for the guys upstairs, not only did he dump salary but he did it in a way where the luxury cap would be pierced sending even more money to MIA
    Ichiro isn't signed unfortunately. Sounds like he's going back to Japan probably.

    That division is pretty much trash, other than the Nationals unless the Braves are competitive early, so the Marlins might not end up as bad as they look.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

  8. #158
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    Ichiro isn't signed unfortunately. Sounds like he's going back to Japan probably.

    That division is pretty much trash, other than the Nationals unless the Braves are competitive early, so the Marlins might not end up as bad as they look.
    Ah then Ichiro's stay in MIA was really bad. Come with Ozuna/Yelich/Stanton, leave when they leave. I guess its not his fault as they would have to pay him more than league minimum which is something they will do when hell freezes over.

    A trash division is their best selling point to ticketholders right now... "come watch a sht team, play someone almost as bad"
    Last edited by JVHaste; 02-13-2018 at 01:55 AM.

  9. #159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    7,837
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of trash, I just rummaged thru probably 500,000 cards tonight. I didn't find diddly worth noting. Oh well. Ya win some, ya lose sone. BTW, JV, I got your PM's. I'm trying to figure out what I might be interested in. Thank you for the list.
    I collect lots of things. Things that catch my eye. If you got what I need, please let me know

  10. #160
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blanning71 View Post
    Speaking of trash, I just rummaged thru probably 500,000 cards tonight. I didn't find diddly worth noting. Oh well. Ya win some, ya lose sone. BTW, JV, I got your PM's. I'm trying to figure out what I might be interested in. Thank you for the list.
    Cool, I forgot to mention my Cincy ones weren't in there as they were put aside for Muskies but he went away Barry Larkin purp/green, Casey green, Reese green iirc are all available. Hopefully he is ok.

    If you are just looking for the cheapest rainbow I think Ron Wright would be the best bet. His career was one of the most successful off all time- 1 game, strikeout + ground into DP + ground into TP. if you're thinking at this point "well at least he played the field for some value" I must inform you he was the DH

  11. #161
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, after seeing Gilberts new post on a huge 500+ scammer I am definitely only selling to friends on here. If anyone from NC wants the list I sent Brian I will send you one too. I have a cool project I might attend in 6 weeks so might need to sell some.

  12. #162
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    17,558
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Trumpís Blue Apron proposal.





    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  13. #163
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    I like Trumpís Blue Apron proposal.
    I haven't seen it yet. I've never tried Blue Apron but the pics always look good.

    Did you see the Yahoo Sports "All-Overrated Team" ??

  14. #164
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    17,558
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I didnít.





    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  15. #165
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have Molina at catcher, and Hosmer at 1B (impossible to be overrated when no team wants you) and Bartolo Colon is one of the pitcher spots despite nobody rating him high either. Yahoo sports gets the "fake news award" for sports news, their mma coverage is especially bad.


    edit: also odd to see Longo at 3B, who has been underappreciated for so long due to playing on a team nobody watches. . . and these guys write a fluff piece on Matt Kemp losing 40lbs to suck less this year but then put him on the list hahahahaa
    Last edited by JVHaste; 02-14-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •