User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: clarkzac's Twins Autograph Collection

zc3009
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    51. Carlos Gomez- Go-Go. The guy was fast. He was also the main return in the Johan Santana trade. He was with the Twins for 2 seasons, then was shipped off to Milwaukee for J.J. Hardy, where he became an all-star caliber player for a few years and even MVP candidate.

52. Phil Hughes- Was a decent signing until they gave him the extension after his great season. Posted an 11.63 K/BB rate his first year as a Twin and then ran into some injuries. Fun fact- I own a game used hat and 2 game used locker tags of his.

53. Garrett Jones- Played in 31 games for the Twins. Had a breakout with Pittsburgh as a 28 year old with rookie eligibility in 2009.

54. Jacque Jones- Was a member of the 'Soul Patrol' outfield with Torii Hunter and Shannon Stewart. Had the speed and range to be a center fielder, but the Twins had a decent one in Torii Hunter.

55. Felix Jorge- Made his debut last year in a spot start. Was called up from AA to start a game in a doubleheader. Will be competing for a spot in the rotation this spring

56. Jim Kaat- 16x Gold Glove award winner. Finished his career with 283 wins. Member of the Twins Hall of Fame

57. Corey Koskie- Was a solid third baseman for the Twins in the early 2000's. Member of the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame. Suffered a concussion in 2006 and was never able to regain complete confidence

58. Jason Kubel- Born in Belle Fourche, SD. How many here had to look that up to see where that is? As a kid growing up in South Dakota, I thought this was one of the coolest things ever.

59. Gene Larkin- Member of both the 1987 and 1991 World Series teams. Had the game winning hit in game 7 of the 1991 World Series

60. Matt Lawton- 2x All-star. Suspended for 10 games in 2006 for PEDs.
    [CENTER]Signed Allen and Ginter Collector

dsj51
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think ur spot on and doing a great job with the descriptions. Id like to think most people on the forum know almost all the guys you've posted so far, and for the 1's we dont, a brief description is all that's needed lol

mantle7man
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking great........but isn't it required that you have two autographs of each player, since they're TWINS!!!
    Collector of Autographs, TTM autographs, Vintage, Yankees and Mantle
    Sets completed 1955-1965, 1967, 1969, 1951 Topps Red & Blue Back, 1951 Bowman, 1955 Bowman, 1963 Fleer, 1965 Topps Embossed, 1961 Topps Stamps, 1962 Topps Stamps & 1968 Topps Game.
    Yankee needs:Two 1962 Topps stamp pairs. Need T209 Contentnea Roanoke players.dano 7 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

zc3009
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dano7 View Post
    Looking great........but isn't it required that you have two autographs of each player, since they're TWINS!!!
    Haha, well I know I have two autographs of quite a few of these guys, but the other autos are either OMLB or 8x10s. Just wait until I get to some other players. There might be a few sets of 'twin' autos

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff! On our family vacations to Minnesota in the mid '90's we'd usually spend a day hanging out in the players' parking lot outside of the Metrodome collecting autographs. As bad as those teams were, it was usually pretty easy to get most guys as there would only be about 5 other collectors around when the players would arrive in the middle of the afternoon. Go Twins!
    Collector of Kirby Puckett cards (2,000+ different, primary focus on Pre-1999 cards), Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are guys I have extra autos of from their (and mine) repeat appearances at Twinsfest. I should make a care package for you!
    Collecting Gary and Joe Gaetti, Ozzie Smith, Kenny Boyer, Albert Pujols, Kirby Puckett, Joe Mauer,and Brian Dinkleman. PM me if you have something you don't need that I might!

And if you want to friend me on Facebook, please let me know your online handle, since I may not know your real name!

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another team autograph collector!

Do you have a needs list?

zc3009
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post

Not yet since I need way too many guys. I'm doing pretty good on the recent guys, but need a lot of the older guys

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clarkzac's Twins Autograph Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post

Not to hijack Zach’s thread , but he did it to me so I don’t feel too bad I kid but...

Are you still in charge of FCBs twitter? Was that you? I wonder what would happen if you tweeted out the team collector threads to the teams and some of the players? I’m not on social media at all, but wonder if they’d get a reaction or anything

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Not to hijack Zach’s thread , but he did it to me so I don’t feel too bad I kid but...

Are you still in charge of FCBs twitter? Was that you? I wonder what would happen if you tweeted out the team collector threads to the teams and some of the players? I’m not on social media at all, but wonder if they’d get a reaction or anything

I did it for about a year, but keeping up with it was too much for me. @cgilmo is back in control of it.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah. I tweet there. I just try and not be an idiot. Password is still the same if you wanna get back in the swing of things therion

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you a member of the Twins card site? http://www.twinscards.com

Neat site. I would like to see a more involved Dodger site, but then again, I am not involved myself either, so I can't say much to that regard.

zc3009
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    61. Steve Lombardozzi- Starting second baseman for the 1987 World Series team. His bat left much to be desired. His son is a professional baseball player as well.

62. Pat Mahomes- Had a career ERA over 5, but yet he was able to play in 11 MLB seasons. I saw him pitch for the Sioux Falls Canaries of the American Association back in 2007 or 2008. I was 14-15 years old, saw his name on the roster and remembered seeing him on a Twins card in my collection so I thought that was pretty cool back then. His kid is also a decent football player...

63. Same Mele- Took over as manager in the middle of the 1961 season. Was fired after 50 games in 1967. Led the club to the 1965 World Series, where they lost to the Dodgers in 7 games.

64. Alex Meyer- Had high hopes for this guy. The Twins traded Denard Span straight up for Alex Meyer. For those that don't know, I was a huge collector of Span before this trade, so I was really hoping Meyer would pan out. Sad to say, he hasn't and was traded to the Angels.

65. Doug Mientkiewicz- Gold Glove winning first baseman. Had a controversial moment when he kept the ball from the final out of the 2004 World Series with the Red Sox

66. Tom Kelly- "T.K." Managed the Twins to their only two World Series titles in 1987 and 1991. Managed from '86-'01. His number 10 is retired by the team and he is in the Twins Hall of Fame.

67. Travis Miller- Twins first round pick in 1994. Appeared in 203 games over 7 seasons with the Twins while pitching to a career ERA of 5.05

68. Eric Milton- Pitched a no-hitter for the Twins in 1999. Was an all-star in 2001

69. Bobby Mitchell- Played in the 1967 Little League World Series. Appeared in 202 games in his short, 4 year career split between the Twins and Dodgers

70. Darin Mastroianni- Appeared in 121 games over 4 seasons with the Twins. Currently has his own custom woodworking shop in Minnesota.

zc3009
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    71. Jack Morris- Elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame, class of 2018. Was a mediocre pitcher during the regular season, decent-great playoff pitcher. Pitched one of the greatest games in game 7 of the 1991 World Series, going 10 innings of shutout ball to propel the Twins to their 2nd World Series.

72. Paul Molitor- "The Ignitor" Member of the Hall of Fame. Played for the University of Minnesota, and went to the same school that Joe Mauer later attended. Member of the 3,000 hit club. Currently the manager of the Minnesota Twins. 2017 AL Manager of the Year.

73. Al Newman- Member of the 1987 and 1991 World Series championship teams. Became a coach with the Twins after his playing career ended.

74. Joe Nossek- Appeared in 98 games for the Twins over three season. Spent 28 years as a coach with various organizations and in various positions.

75. Ryan O'Rourke- Appeared in 54 games as a reliever in 2015-2016. Did not play in 2017 due to injuries

76. Mike Pagliarulo- "Pags" Starting third baseman for the 1991 World Series Championship team. Currently the hitting coach of the Miami Marlins

77. Trevor May- Missed all of 2017 while recovering from TJ surgery. Will be looked at as a starter during ST, but may be bumped to the bullpen.

78. Chris Parmelee- Twins 1st round pick in 2006. Bounced between AAA and the Twins for a few years. (How's this for Twins @dano7)

79. Ron Perranoski- Was a member of the Dodgers 1965 World Series team that beat the Twins. Was traded to the Twins for Mudcat Grant and Zoilo Versalles

80. Trevor Plouffe- Was a solid third baseman for the Twins for a few years. First round pick back in 2004, made his debut in 2010.
    Last edited by clarkzac; 02-18-2018 at 08:18 PM.

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just me or does Trevor Plouffe look oddly like Ron Perranoski

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast