Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

can you get a negitive from e-bay removed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I have a perfect 100% positive with like 586 score. Well on Jan.24th I won 2 separate e-bay listing of Aaron nola autos from someone. it said et. delivery time Jan 31st to Feb 5th. Well still no cards. But since I won his score went from 100% positive to 97.9% because he got a negative for not sending the cards to someone and a Net. from someone it took weeks to get his cards. he even had a positive with this "Paid Dec 22nd, package postmarked Jan 22nd. Seller apologized for delay."
Well I sent him a E-Mail asking if he sent the cards yet being they have not arrived yet. This was on Sunday. He wrote back "No send8ng out on Monday" I just don't feel like this is the truth. I NEVER have left a neg. But if after a month I may have to and file a complaint. But if he fights back and dings me can I fight it? Even though I paid seconds after the win...
Thanks

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I have a perfect 100% positive with like 586 score. Well on Jan.24th I won 2 separate e-bay listing of Aaron nola autos from someone. it said et. delivery time Jan 31st to Feb 5th. Well still no cards. But since I won his score went from 100% positive to 97.9% because he got a negative for not sending the cards to someone and a Net. from someone it took weeks to get his cards. he even had a positive with this "Paid Dec 22nd, package postmarked Jan 22nd. Seller apologized for delay."
Well I sent him a E-Mail asking if he sent the cards yet being they have not arrived yet. This was on Sunday. He wrote back "No send8ng out on Monday" I just don't feel like this is the truth. I NEVER have left a neg. But if after a month I may have to and file a complaint. But if he fights back and dings me can I fight it? Even though I paid seconds after the win...
Thanks

Can sellers give you a negative?

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Yep.

But sometimes weasely sellers will write something negative in their comment. But it won't affect your scores...
I don't care about that. I did every thing right. Once I gave someone a month and still left positive feed back because he was honest with me and said he forgot all about it. He even sent extra cards. but this kid or guy feels fishy....

djmilhaus

Sep 8, 2014
Seattle
Wait until you get the card to leave feedback so you still have that hanging over him to get him to ship it. Don't threaten him with feedback, though, as feedback extortion is against eBay's TOS and it will easily get removed. Either keep asking him for a ship date or request a refund through eBay if you are done dealing with the guy. Always be polite, eBay can and will look at messages between users if there's any dispute. It's totally unprofessional and if he can't manage simple shipping he shouldn't be selling on eBay.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Wait until you get the card to leave feedback so you still have that hanging over him to get him to ship it. Don't threaten him with feedback, though, as feedback extortion is against eBay's TOS and it will easily get removed. Either keep asking him for a ship date or request a refund through eBay if you are done dealing with the guy. Always be polite, eBay can and will look at messages between users if there's any dispute. It's totally unprofessional and if he can't manage simple shipping he shouldn't be selling on eBay.
yea I was going to mention that I see all the new negative marks against him but decided not to. here is what I sent then what he said
"Hello, My name is Brad and I won 2 Aaron Nola auto cards from you back on Jan 24th. The cards said they will arrive on Jan. 31st to Feb 5th. I don't see any tracking or never received any info that you sent the cards. I Was wondering if the cards were sent yet or not.
Thank you"

his reply
"No send8ng out on Monday"

My reply
"thank you"

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I try my best when selling on eBay to ship at the latest 2 days from payment, and that would be only if i hadn't checked on if payment was made.

I'm almost certain right now that some sellers makes trades and or buys stuff, and has even been in breaks on Facebook as well as Twitter, so when he gets a great deal, he has listed stuff even before they have it in hand. Completely crazy because you can run the risk of not getting in the stuff for a long time as well and then your shipping out in a timely fashion is in jeopardy, not to mention it's wrong as well.

He is doing this a lot less theses days but has in the past for sure.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
In answer to the original question, it is possible to have a negative removed, but, AFAIK, only in cases of vulgar language, personal info being revealed, or something like a FB being left within minutes of the auction ending. They don't get involved in complaint situations where the feedback is simply harsh or retaliatory.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
He just got another Negitive. "No card No communication I would advise not to buy anything from this POS" I will give him till Monday and I will send another e-mail to see if he has a tracking number. if no I am asking for a refund.

Prophet

Dec 5, 2017
Ohio
Don't worry about having a negative feedback. It makes your reputation more gritty and realistic.

djmilhaus

Sep 8, 2014
Seattle
well I did nothing wrong I should not get a neg..

Sellers can't leave you a negative or neutral so you don't have to worry about that. If you sell items on eBay with any regularity, I'd make sure you add his account to your "blocked bidders" list. It will prevent him from buying something from you down the road with the sole intent of leaving you a retaliatory negative. Also, even if he refunds you, you should still leave him negative feedback. It's the only way sellers like this will learn. Something like "poor communication, item not sent for weeks, excuses... finally just refunded".

Don't make any mention of feedback in communications with him, even if he specifically asks about it. Just ignore any comments on feedback.

Members online