Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

YU DARVISH SIGNS WITH THE CUBS (6Y/$126M)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Think that would be obvious considering his meltdown during the pressures of the playoffs last yr.

I asked what underlying stats he is referring to but no response yet. Meltdown in the playoffs last year? Does that also include his games against the D-Backs and the Cubs? So two outings against the WS winners shows significant career regression?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
The Contract has a after 3 years opt-out and a no trade clause (just like most have) So after 3 years of maybe middle of the road pitching the Cubs can just say good-bye to him. But who knows Joe now has his guy to work with his pitching staff so maybe this can be a great thing for the Cubs for years to come.

And hereis a list of players still unsigned
the many accomplished free agents who remain unsigned, including Eric Hosmer, J. D. Martinez, Mike Moustakas, Greg Holland, Carlos Gonzalez and Carlos Gomez. All of those players are represented by the agent Scott Boras.

Among the dozens of unsigned free agents are starters Alex Cobb, Lance Lynn, Jason Vargas and Andrew Cashner;

relievers Tony Watson, Francisco Liriano and Bud Norris;

first basemen Lucas Duda, Matt Holliday, Logan Morrison, Mike Napoli and Mark Reynolds; catchers A. J. Ellis, Jonathan Lucroy, Carlos Ruiz and Chris Stewart;

second basemen Brandon Phillips, Chase Utley and Neil Walker.

outfielders Melky Cabrera, Jarrod Dyson, Jon Jay and Cameron Maybin;

Last edited:

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
The Contract has a after 3 years opt-out and a no trade clause (just like most have) So after 3 years of maybe middle of the road pitching the Cubs can just say good-bye to him. But who knows Joe now has his guy to work with his pitching staff so maybe this can be a great thing for the Cubs for years to come.

Everything I have read states that Darvish has an opt out after year two. I’ve seen nothing that indicates that the Cubs have an opt out at any point.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online