Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Topps Heritage Derek Jeter Red Sox SSP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I can imagine the huge appeal this card has for both Red Sox & Yankees fans alike.

Seriously, this has got to be the most epic card that I didn't know existed so I'm going to follow that auction. I could see long term value in this card, especially if less than 25 were circulated.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
High-Number Series
NOTE: Despite being numbered as part of the first series, variation cards #15, #83 and #250 were inserted into High-Number series packs.

15 Dustin Pedroia (NYY)

83 Derek Jeter (BOS)

250 Albert Pujols (All-Rookie design)

545 Neftali Feliz (Black & white photo)

563 Pedro Martinez (Black & white head shot)

569 Alex Rios (Black & white head shot)

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Anyone else see this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Topps...SSP-Variation-Impossible-to-find/142684518616

$872 with 7d 23h to go. I love my Heritage sets, but that is nuts!

I collect all of the Heritage master sets and have put together a nice run. I don’t consider these SSP cards as part of the master sets, and that really started in 2006 with the ridiculous Alex Gordon cut out card. This is a novelty card, and certainly no need to lose sleep over not owning it.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I've been getting back into collecting Heritage master sets and focusing on the autos. I picked up a Kevin Gregg auto from 2009 last month for $70. There are reportedly 10 or less of them in existence. I honestly thought bidding on that card would be similar to the Jeter.

Scott F

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Jeter with a red sox logo is utterly disgusting! This post is being reported and SHOULD lead to permanent suspension!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I collect all of the Heritage master sets and have put together a nice run. I don’t consider these SSP cards as part of the master sets, and that really started in 2006 with the ridiculous Alex Gordon cut out card. This is a novelty card, and certainly no need to lose sleep over not owning it.

Well, I'm a nut - I have the Alex Gordon cut-out. I am not losing sleep over this one, since I don't have $1,000 to shell out for it right now. I'm also doing the Heritage master sets from 2001 - 2012, but without autos/relics/most black refractors. Scans are in my Google Drive link in my signature.

eJKFo6qh.jpg

Jeter with a red sox logo is utterly disgusting! This post is being reported and SHOULD lead to permanent suspension!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Hahaha! It's for "display purposes only". I think of it as taunting the Sox, as if they'd ever have someone like Jeter.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Well, I'm a nut - I have the Alex Gordon cut-out. I am not losing sleep over this one, since I don't have $1,000 to shell out for it right now. I'm also doing the Heritage master sets from 2001 - 2012, but without autos/relics/most black refractors. Scans are in my Google Drive link in my signature.

eJKFo6qh.jpg

Hahaha! It's for "display purposes only". I think of it as taunting the Sox, as if they'd ever have someone like Jeter.

Just curious, why did you stop at 2012?

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Just curious, why did you stop at 2012?

I didn't particularly like the expanded chrome parallels of 2013 (golds #/5). 2001-2012 will be enough to keep me busy for quite awhile. I am done with a few large pieces of sets, like I have the full chrome runs for a few years, a few complete SP runs for a few years, and many pieces of others.

I'm hoping I can pick up the rest of my 2011 Heritage tint needs at the National this year.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
It is on my Heritage want list, but way out my league. Over $1,000 now.

Don't have sale price written down, but vaguely I remember this selling at $1,700 range in the past.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Cards like this seem to be the rare perfect intersection of high demand player, high demand set, extreme rarity, and X-factor. With the Pedroia Yankees version, it's sort of echoing the fabled Williams-for-DiMaggio trade. I didn't collect Heritage that year, and so probably like a lot of collectors, just learned of these cards in this thread. With ebay's 3-month look-back, the only other SSP I see is the Pujols, which sold for $128 last month. How many copies could there be? Ten? Twenty? You might have to wait a good, long time to see another. Or if this auction gets publicity, it might shake another copy or two loose from collections. Or people searching their bulk boxes they haven't looked at in 9 years.