Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shohei Ohtani's First Topps Autographs In Heritage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
He will have both an autograph and a SP base card.

SHOHEI OHTANI'S FIRST TOPPS AUTOGRAPHED CARD WILL BE IN ...

Shohei Ohtani has captured the attention of baseball fans when the Japanese star signing with the Los Angeles Angels. Topps recently announced that it signed Ohtani to an autographed trading card deal, which means his autographed cards will be featured in Topps products for the next several years.

But where can baseball fans find his first pack-pulled Topps card?

OhtaniHeritage1.jpg

The wait won’t be much longer. Ohtani’s first autographed card will be featured in 2018 Topps Heritage Baseball, scheduled to hit stores on February 28. 2018 Topps Heritage Baseball features the 1969 Topps Baseball design and will be available in hobby stores, Target, Walmart, online retailers and Topps.com.

Topps recently held a signing session with the two-way star where he signed autographs for Topps across a number of different sets including Heritage, Bowman, and Topps Chrome.

In Heritage, along with an autographed card, Ohtani will be featured on a short-printed base card – showing him as a pitcher – that is short-printed in the set. A Heritage card of him as a hitter will be available in 2018 Topps Heritage High Number Baseball, which will be out later this year.

Heritage boxes are officially blowing up.

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Ahhh, I knew it. When they posted the video of him signing for TC, I figured there must have been stacks of Heritages laying around, too. Case lottery a little more tempting.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Guess I'll be waiting to buy 2018 Heritage. I just hope it doesn't end up spiking A&G too bad. I already have a half case reserved when it goes live.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Update from Topps: the shortprinted base card of him will be found in Hobby only; whereas his autograph can be found in both Hobby/Retail.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Being that the base will be a SP, I could see it reaching the $500 threshold on it's own and depending on the odds for the auto it's easy to see it going way beyond that.
What about the color swap, throwback, sex action ssssssssssssssssssp?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts