Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shohei Ohtani's First Topps Autographs In Heritage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Question for those who have been buying Topps Heritage these last couple years...on average how many autographs do you generally hit per case these days?

I used to buy cases of this every year up until 2014 I believe. At that point in time I was generally hitting at least a couple autos per case...sometimes 3.

I'm "considering" a case (or half a case) of this but not if they've been getting stingy with the autos these last few years.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Question for those who have been buying Topps Heritage these last couple years...on average how many autographs do you generally hit per case these days?

I used to buy cases of this every year up until 2014 I believe. At that point in time I was generally hitting at least a couple autos per case...sometimes 3.

I'm "considering" a case (or half a case) of this but not if they've been getting stingy with the autos these last few years.
Careful with a question like that. Some heritage guys will attack you for caring about autos bro... "it ain't all about autos you *****!!!"

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Careful with a question like that. Some heritage guys will attack you for caring about autos bro... "it ain't all about autos you *****!!!"

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Well that's actually true. Most of the value in Heritage comes from the other stuff...the black/gold refractors, mini parallels, SP/SSP's...but these days I only collect autographs. The rest of the stuff I just sell on e-bay.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Being that the base will be a SP, I could see it reaching the $500 threshold on it's own and depending on the odds for the auto it's easy to see it going way beyond that.

Looks like the base SP RC has been between $250-$300. The blue auto is at $415 on auction with over 4 days left and the lowest BIN price being $1,000 without any being sold.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112842035951?rmvSB=true

Red auto:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Topps...=item1a45da1608:g:j8AAAOSwTPlalfU0&rmvSB=true

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Looks like the base SP RC has been between $250-$300. The blue auto is at $415 on auction with over 4 days left and the lowest BIN price being $1,000 without any being sold.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112842035951?rmvSB=true

Red auto:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Topps...=item1a45da1608:g:j8AAAOSwTPlalfU0&rmvSB=true

No f'ing way!!!

I mean, I was expecting the autos to be over $500 but did not see $250-$300 for SP's coming.

The current red auto price is pure insanity but I'm always suspicious of the sellers who do private listings that hide the bidders identities. Especially the ones with low feedback numbers like this guy.

Could someone give me a legitimate reason for why someone would want to do a private listing on e-bay for reasons other than shilling your own item? It's an honest question, I'd like to know.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Someone pulled a Red Ohtani from the same case one of my 4 Heritage boxes came from. Instead I got a Purple Refractor Hot Box and a Hanley Ramirez GU, so, yeah, that's pretty awesome too.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Looks like Ohtani prices have settled at:

SP RC ~ $150

RC Auto ~ $900

RC Red Auto /69 ~ $4500 ?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's outing:

Taylor Blake Ward @TaylorBlakeWard
Shohei Ohtani has struck out five and has allowed two runs on four hits, the actual note of importance from all of this is that he is throwing strikes with regularity which was a struggle for him in the first outing #Angels

(One of those hits was a double from Hiura.)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's outing:

Taylor Blake Ward @TaylorBlakeWard
Shohei Ohtani has struck out five and has allowed two runs on four hits, the actual note of importance from all of this is that he is throwing strikes with regularity which was a struggle for him in the first outing #Angels

(One of those hits was a double from Hiura.)

Oops, thought that was it.

3rd inning: Three more K's, total 8. No walks. I'll take it. 92-95 w/+ FB & ++ SL

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Oops, thought that was it.

3rd inning: Three more K's, total 8. No walks. I'll take it. 92-95 w/+ FB & ++ SL

I was setting up to watch him pitch but didn't realize it was a split squad game until it was too late. :benson:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts