Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help! Does anyone have a 2009 A+G wood card in their collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I thought I stabbed one of my top whales but I’m nearly certain it’s a fake. Would like to do my due diligence before I contact seller.

If you have an 2009 Ginter Wood 1/1 please let me know so I can ask you questions

Thank you!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
No, I was just posting up a picture in case you needed one. I've never owned an A&G wood, I did pull a GQ wood a few years ago that felt like an actual piece of wood (with an appropriate texture). Not sure if Topps used the same technique on the A&G ones.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
No, I was just posting up a picture in case you needed one. I've never owned an A&G wood, I did pull a GQ wood a few years ago that felt like an actual piece of wood (with an appropriate texture). Not sure if Topps used the same technique on the A&G ones.

I have a 2011 A+G wood with texture but this 2009 one is smooth as can be. The printing is so spot on though that it's got me perplexed. The seller has an oddly large amount of ginter woods for sale so that gives me an addition reason to be cautious. It's also thinner than a Ginter card so that's another reason to raise a flag. And yes as I am typing this I now realize that there is zero chance this card is real.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
2010 was smooth as well. Bummed me out. I've owned 2 2010's, they were not textured.

deujr61

Mar 8, 2011
Illinois
My 2009 A&G Wood Yadier Molina is smooth.

Attachments

• 2009tag155w1of1.jpg
    2009tag155w1of1.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Wasn't there one year that the pack pulled Wood 1/1s and rip card pulled Wood 1/1s were completely different in style/texture?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know about that. I have three woods from somewhere around 2007-2009, not sure exactly. AFAIK, they aren't printed on wood like Lumberjacks, etc., but just a wood grain design printed on paper. If there's some with texture they must've done something fancy.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I was really excited to land a 2011 A&G wood mini 1/1 Manny Ramirez- my first one! I got it in, and I had the same reaction you did. Is this a fake? It's smooth! It looked like somebody scanned a copy of a legit insert card actually made of wood (y'know, like from the 90's?) scanned it, and used as the background for the card stock. Thankfully I didn't overpay and I sold it and made a couple bucks. Good luck with yours.

kyleuk21

Dec 31, 2015
Indiana
I have both Clayton Kershaw wood minis from 2009 - see below. They are smooth. The wood minis were simply smooth cardboard with a wood grain look (not feel) up until 2014 when they actually started real wood for the front half of the card from then to present.
35m1gti.jpg

ncd4y.jpg

Members online

Latest posts