Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Cool and unique vintage autos

  1. #1
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    36,069
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool and unique vintage autos

    So I'm a fan of searching for items that are more unique and I thought I'd start a thread to share some of the more interesting pieces...

    This is a cool Clemente piece I found while doing a search last night...a player of the month award and it comes with a che3ck auto

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROBERTO-CLE...YAAOSwIHlaYtJ3

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	77257.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  2. #2
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    36,069
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another cool piece...seems like it would make a great display.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-A...oAAOSw4Dxaaopl

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	255.5 KB 
ID:	77393
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  3. #3
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    8,208
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Ruth is sick!

    Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

  4. #4
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    36,069
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may see more Clemente autos in this thread since I'm actively looking for one for a custom I'd like to have made but this wouldn't fit that bill since it's a cool piece!

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pirates-Rob...wAAOSwoddab2~U
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	579.6 KB 
ID:	77488
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,397
     BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing nearly as cool as these, nor as vintage, but I picked these up last year. They weren't listed as autographed, so I felt very fortunate to find them.

    A reserved seating ticket for Killer's HOF induction a guest pass to the museum during what I assume was HOF weekend.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img196b.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	77512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img197b.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	77513

  6. #6
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,145
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    You may see more Clemente autos in this thread since I'm actively looking for one for a custom I'd like to have made but this wouldn't fit that bill since it's a cool piece!

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pirates-Rob...wAAOSwoddab2~U
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	579.6 KB 
ID:	77488
    I've wanted to pick one of those up for a little while. I have a few Puerto Rico League contracts, and there may be no better item tying Clemente to Puerto Rico than one of these contracts. Don't have the funds at the moment to really go after a piece like that right now though...

  7. #7
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    36,069
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
    I've wanted to pick one of those up for a little while. I have a few Puerto Rico League contracts, and there may be no better item tying Clemente to Puerto Rico than one of these contracts. Don't have the funds at the moment to really go after a piece like that right now though...
    I'm sure some day soon you will wow us all with another museum quality pick-up!

    I love following the things you buy.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  8. #8
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    36,069
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunchOBull View Post
    Nothing nearly as cool as these, nor as vintage, but I picked these up last year. They weren't listed as autographed, so I felt very fortunate to find them.

    A reserved seating ticket for Killer's HOF induction a guest pass to the museum during what I assume was HOF weekend.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img196b.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	77512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img197b.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	77513
    Those are awesome and unique!

    I cant imagine there are many of those.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,397
     BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched this item sell a few years ago and still wish I had had the funds to participate to this day.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10051a_lg.JPEG 
Views:	29 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	77545

  10. #10
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    36,069
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunchOBull View Post
    I watched this item sell a few years ago and still wish I had had the funds to participate to this day.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10051a_lg.JPEG 
Views:	29 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	77545
    oh wow!
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  11. #11
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,145
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    I'm sure some day soon you will wow us all with another museum quality pick-up!

    I love following the things you buy.
    It's been a lot slower since I left my last job and started out on my own, but I'm selling off some items that were not really PC, and hoping to have the funds to find some nice pieces. I've mostly added to my lineup card collection recently.

  12. #12
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    36,069
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another cool piece and a question...do you prefer this signature over the "babe" signatures or does the rarity of these make them more sought after?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-S...IAAOSw1OlZje8C
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	273.2 KB 
ID:	77570
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  13. #13
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    15,116
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    Another cool piece and a question...do you prefer this signature over the "babe" signatures or does the rarity of these make them more sought after?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BABE-RUTH-S...IAAOSw1OlZje8C
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	273.2 KB 
ID:	77570
    Neither Ruth signature is really considered "rare" in comparison to pretty much any HOFer that played around his time period, or even a little later...Ruth wasn't someone who was shy about signing. It's not the rarity that drives the price... as I'm sure you know it's usually the quality of the auto (in this case a 10/10) and I guess the "cool factor" of what was signed. In my opinion the "Babe Ruth" signature is typically more sought after by the big HOF auto collectors and the nice, bold examples of those seem like they tend to go for a bit more. I've never seen the item in post #9 but that looks like a museum quality piece to me.

  14. #14
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    15,116
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool thread. I have a lot of all-time favorites I've tried to keep track of, but this is the first one that comes to mind. I don't believe this is the most recent sale of this item, but it kind of speaks for itself:

    http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/...l-joe-jackson/

    For those unfamiliar with Addie Joss he was a dead ball era pitcher for Cleveland. He died in 1911 of tuberculosis meningitis at the age of 31 and was voted into the HOF by the Veteran's Committee decades later in 1978. He's probably the biggest headache for HOF autograph collectors...I haven't been following closely for a couple years now but the last I remember I think there were 4 authenticated examples of his autograph.

    He was pretty damn good on the mound...I believe he has the second or third lowest ERA in MLB history, as well as a couple no hitters and a perfect game.

  15. #15
    Junior Member forgerelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    336
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was someone that recently found an Addie Joss autograph at an antique store or something. I think it was on Net 54 and the poster got all the typical "no way it's real" responses but when he showed photos of it they determined the auto was real and it got authenticated by PSA or JSA.

    Scott F
    Mariano Rivera Super Collector. Always buying rare Mo's - PSA's, Auto's, Patches, Printing Plates, or any other rare Mo's. I PAY MORE THAN ANYONE FOR MARIANO'S I NEED.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •