Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Confirmation That The Pirates Are Really Bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
While I know that it's not the most reliable ranking of players, I was just checking out MLB Network's list of top 10 players at each position.

As a Pirates fan, I was saddened, but not surprised, to see that not a single Pirates player made the list at any position.

I think that Josh Bell has the potential to be a top 10 first baseman. Other than that, I don't have a whole lot of hope for the current squad.

Here's a link to the list, for any who'd like to see: https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-network-top-10-at-each-position/c-264680678

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Braves got a couple. A little surprised to see Tyler Flowers on that list, although he's played much better with the Braves than he did with the Sox. He's averaged an .800 OPS with roughly 10 home runs per season. Hit for a .270 avg in '16 & .281 in '17. Not bad for $3 mil per year. Dude never hit above .250 avg/.750 OPS with the Sox

D-Backs got a couple too.

Jul 12, 2017
As a Pirates fan I am still very upset that the team didn't push more chips in 2013-2015 to make a serious run. I think Josh Bell could be a semistar but at best he's a very distant 3rd best first baseman just for our division (Votto and Rizzo are far better). Rivero could be a top 10 reliever.

How many years of suffering did we wait the last time the franchise face went to San Francisco? At least this time we got a middle reliever and a mid20s year old who can hit AA pitching.

Uuuugggghhhh

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts