Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is the "Clubhouse Leader" for your favorite team?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 12, 2017
What issues do you have with Freese?

For the Cardinals it's Waino and Yadi. Management will want to say it's Matheny but that's a joke. In coming years it'll be Yadi and probably Carlos Martinez.
Did you miss the interview he gave the other day about how this team doesn't have "winning in the air" and how he doesn't like all the sabremetrics and advanced stats? I like Freese as a ballplayer, but if he's going to be a leader he should be trying to uplift the spirit of team, not bring it down.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
What issues do you have with Freese?

For the Cardinals it's Waino and Yadi. Management will want to say it's Matheny but that's a joke. In coming years it'll be Yadi and probably Carlos Martinez.

I’m very interested to see how the next three seasons play out between Matheny and Molina. There has already been turmoil with Yadi calling out Matheny on Instagram for Mike saying Yadi was tired.

The fans will ALWAYS side with Molina over Matheny in my opinion, and that could make Mike’s job very difficult, especially is Yadi falls off the proverbial cliff in a year and a half and Matheny wants to start playing Carson Kelly more. Yadi could say some things and the fans could turn on Mike real quick. A lot of fans love Mike, but come on, Yadi vs Mike? The winner will be Yadi every day of the week and twice on Sunday in my opinion, whether he’s right or wrong.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Did you miss the interview he gave the other day about how this team doesn't have "winning in the air" and how he doesn't like all the sabremetrics and advanced stats? I like Freese as a ballplayer, but if he's going to be a leader he should be trying to uplift the spirit of team, not bring it down.

Is Freese wrong though?

Is telling th truth a bad thing? Should he just go around lying so he doesn’t hurt anyone’s feelings?

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma

I didn't miss the comments. I thought they were appropriate. Sometimes what a leader has to do is give you the kick in the teeth you need. That's how I took his comments about not having a winning attitude. They've traded the face of their franchise and someone has to get them jump started now. Sometimes a hard look at where you are at is what is needed.

I must have missed where he said he doesn't like sabremetrics, or perhaps it was in a different article than what I read. In the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article I read he said something like "the Pirates are keeping up on all the analytical stuff and that's working but the team lacks urgency". That's not condemning analytics by any stretch. His whole point was that the atmosphere in the clubhouse has lost it's competitive fire.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I’m very interested to see how the next three seasons play out between Matheny and Molina. There has already been turmoil with Yadi calling out Matheny on Instagram for Mike saying Yadi was tired.

The fans will ALWAYS side with Molina over Matheny in my opinion, and that could make Mike’s job very difficult, especially is Yadi falls off the proverbial cliff in a year and a half and Matheny wants to start playing Carson Kelly more. Yadi could say some things and the fans could turn on Mike real quick. A lot of fans love Mike, but come on, Yadi vs Mike? The winner will be Yadi every day of the week and twice on Sunday in my opinion, whether he’s right or wrong.

I don't know. There are still a lot of older Cardinals fans that think Yadi is a punk with his neck tattoos and his cap turned backwards. Matheny has been the worst manager in baseball, by a good margin, the last three years and there are still tons of fans defending him. He's cost the Cardinals between 4 and 7 wins annually the last three years but if you polled most fans they'd say the players and Mo/Front Office are the problem.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I’d have to imagine Brett Gardner is. He’s been there for quite awhile and seems to have an even temperament.

Members online

Latest posts