Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Panini Venezuela stamped sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 14, 2015
New Jersey
Does anyone know anything about these? There are a few currently for sale on eBay. They look like the regular panini card except that the word Venezuela is hand stamped in black on the back. The seller claims they are super rare but they seem rather easy to do since it’s just a stamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Does anyone know anything about these? There are a few currently for sale on eBay. They look like the regular panini card except that the word Venezuela is hand stamped in black on the back. The seller claims they are super rare but they seem rather easy to do since it’s just a stamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We discussed this a few years back and the general agreement was a hand stamp.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
We discussed this a few years back and the general agreement was a hand stamp.

I've had one for several years. And yes, the most likely conclusion was that it was a seller from Cuba that stamped these aftermarket. They weren't issued with the stamp, as I have seen both stamped and unstamped backs. Some of the stickers were only issued in Venezuela and are quite rare (2000 orange border). I think the seller stamped them with the Venezuela stamp to draw attention to this fact.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
The next question is this: Are these collectible? To me, I think they are, as they are now a piece of hobby history ... though a VERY minor piece. I guess we will never know if it was some joe schmoe who stamped, or someone from the Panini factory did for one reason or another. It is just one of those many mysteries our hobby holds!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
The next question is this: Are these collectible? To me, I think they are, as they are now a piece of hobby history ... though a VERY minor piece. I guess we will never know if it was some joe schmoe who stamped, or someone from the Panini factory did for one reason or another. It is just one of those many mysteries our hobby holds!

To me, they're still collectible, especially the harder to find 1998 and 2000 issues. But it's like a vintage card with handwriting on it. It doesn't add to the value, it subtracts from it. I'd rather have a non-stamped card. The card/sticker has been altered from how it was issued. I'd pay approximately 2x for an unstamped one in same condition.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
To me, they're still collectible, especially the harder to find 1998 and 2000 issues. But it's like a vintage card with handwriting on it. It doesn't add to the value, it subtracts from it. I'd rather have a non-stamped card. The card/sticker has been altered from how it was issued. I'd pay approximately 2x for an unstamped one in same condition.

I've never seen a stamped version of the Jeff Frye that I have but I'd imagine I'd pay the same for it as I did the version I have just because I haven't seen one. Granted I think I gave $4 plus shipping for the one I have so it's not a ton of money.

Members online

No members online now.