Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ohtani Injury Fantasy Baseball League (OIFBL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Its that time of year friends, (as seen in Night Crew) the Ohtani Injury Fantasy Baseball Classic Gentleman's League.

Just pick a calendar week of the season he hits the DL (only scoring first trip to DL not 2nd 3rd or 15th) :lol: and you win! We need at least 8 slots, all entries before Saturday when he pitches for the first time in ST. The tiebreaker (if many people join) is whether the injury was sustained in pitching/fielding/hitting.

So far we have:

1 [MENTION=12485]JVHaste[/MENTION]- May 13-19/pitching
2 [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION]- no injury :eek:
3 [MENTION=12634]67Topps[/MENTION]- Aug 5-11/hitting
4 [MENTION=22997]Letch77[/MENTION] May 27-June 2/pitching
5 [MENTION=3662]WaxPax[/MENTION] March 25-31/batting
6 [MENTION=2041]joey12508[/MENTION] June 3-10/pitching

Whoever wins receives either $10 paypal or a $20 card (must be agreed by group as relevant + actually worth $20) from each participant.

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Is the winner the date they actually put him on the DL or the "retroactive" date?

hmm good question. It seems pitchers get retroactive DL a lot while hitters will go on it right away. Hard to decide the cleanest way to do it, what do you think?

As long as we are spread out in dates it wont matter but I should figure out a precise way or scoring.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
hmm good question. It seems pitchers get retroactive DL a lot while hitters will go on it right away. Hard to decide the cleanest way to do it, what do you think?

As long as we are spread out in dates it wont matter but I should figure out a precise way or scoring.

I'd be leaning towards retroactive date. Mainly because with a pitcher they most likely got hurt in their last start, but wanted to do some tests and whatnot to see if it was serious enough of an injury to warrant a DL stint.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
He threw a few innings today. I don't think much changed on his injury scouting report, shall we keep entry open for a while longer??

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Tough call. I’d hate for him to show on an injury report and have someone snipe the following week. You could leave it open with the rule that the current week and following week can’t be selected.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Tough call. I’d hate for him to show on an injury report and have someone snipe the following week. You could leave it open with the rule that the current week and following week can’t be selected.

If any news reports come out even slightly negative it will be locked at that point, even if someone posts right before the lock. We have a solid 6 even if someone doesn't come... looks like this is going to be our group either way :)

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Sure we don't want to leave it open until the first selected week arrives (currently March 25)? We could leave it open and if there's any inkling of injury before March 25, the week it's reported and the week after can't be selected. I'm cool either way, though.

So what do we do if he hits the DL on a week no one selected? [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] sends us all a $20 card? :D

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah we could lock it for Spring Training and everyone who wants to join can pick a regular season week... then when regular season comes we could lock it all.

and yes, finding a special way to punish [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] is high on my priority list! ;)

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
and yes, finding a special way to punish [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] is high on my priority list! ;)

No matter how many times you PM me, I still refuse to do those “fetish videos” you keep talking about...even if “they are for your private collection” and “no one else will ever see them”...

But seriously, thanks guys, I feel the love

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
No matter how many times you PM me, I still refuse to do those “fetish videos” you keep talking about...even if “they are for your private collection” and “no one else will ever see them”...

But seriously, thanks guys, I feel the love

I didn't think being the front of a human centipede with white Sammy Sosa and Bud Selig was a big deal... its only rough for whoever is the caboose. :eek:

Members online