Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1990 Fleer Jose Uribe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Soooo, what's the story behind the hype over 1990 Fleer Jose Uribe cards? Were these truly a short print or pulled during production kind of thing? I may be late to the party, but this is the first I've heard about it. ;)

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Nothing special at all; it's a running joke among many hobby groups because some yahoo listed one for an astronomical price, to the humor of most, but some took it seriously and thought they were sitting on a gold mine.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Nothing special at all; it's a running joke among many hobby groups because some yahoo listed one for an astronomical price, to the humor of most, but some took it seriously and thought they were sitting on a gold mine.

Haha! Well, I was about to go ripping through my old "commons" binder looking for it! I still may, my last trip through those binders turned up a '93 SP Jeter...:D

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So I called a friend who used to work at Fleer and he explained what's going on here.

Back in 1990, one of the printing presses in Alabama (Fleer had a printing press making 1990 baseball, football and Basketball in every state) shut down for a tenth of a second and it happened right when the uribe card was about to print.

So, according to my friend, there are only 434,984,458 uribe cards out there compared to 437,753,574 of all others making it a true SSP.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Nooooooooo this reached FCB too?! ����������

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
So I called a friend who used to work at Fleer and he explained what's going on here.

Back in 1990, one of the printing presses in Alabama (Fleer had a printing press making 1990 baseball, football and Basketball in every state) shut down for a tenth of a second and it happened right when the uribe card was about to print.

So, according to my friend, there are only 434,984,458 uribe cards out there compared to 437,753,574 of all others making it a true SSP.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app
This is the best post all year.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Members online