Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prospects are heating up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Miguel Andujar....I bought a Chrome base auto at a show in January for $20. I had to ask the dealer if it was an IP auto. He didn’t do his homework and didn’t even know who he was. I also picked up a Sixto Sanchez Chrome Ref Auto for $20 at the same show two weeks ago. Different dealer.
The amount of dealers who have no idea about who prospects are shocks me. When draft came out I watched a guy open a case he had no idea who he had. He said oh I just go on eBay and list for what everyone else is listing

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
The amount of dealers who have no idea about who prospects are shocks me. When draft came out I watched a guy open a case he had no idea who he had. He said oh I just go on eBay and list for what everyone else is listing

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Reminds me of this idiot who pulled a Kershaw superfractor auto back in 2006 and immediately sold it for $1,800.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Miguel Andujar....I bought a Chrome base auto at a show in January for $20. I had to ask the dealer if it was an IP auto. He didn’t do his homework and didn’t even know who he was. I also picked up a Sixto Sanchez Chrome Ref Auto for $20 at the same show two weeks ago. Different dealer.

I haven't checked his prices but today he is 2-2 on just 2 pitches seen, both HR's!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I haven't checked his prices but today he is 2-2 on just 2 pitches seen, both HR's!

I decided I'd go check out e-bay and buy an auto or two of his...then I noticed the prices. I remember them being around $40-$50 last I had checked (back in November/December) and now they are reaching the $150/$200 range. It's insane what a hot start to Spring can do to a prospect's prices...especially when they wear pinstripes. This kid is good and all but if he played for the D-Backs I could see him selling for roughly $10-20.

I still want one but I imagine these two home runs are only going to accelerate the hype, therefor the prices too.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I decided I'd go check out e-bay and buy an auto or two of his...then I noticed the prices. I remember them being around $40-$50 last I had checked (back in November/December) and now they are reaching the $150/$200 range. It's insane what a hot start to Spring can do to a prospect's prices...especially when they wear pinstripes. This kid is good and all but if he played for the D-Backs I could see him selling for roughly $10-20.

I still want one but I imagine these two home runs are only going to accelerate the hype, therefor the prices too.

Unless I hit a Yankees player, I rarely go after their cards because of this but there are a few exceptions.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Unless I hit a Yankees player, I rarely go after their cards because of this but there are a few exceptions.

Brandon Drury autos were selling for about $5 a pop, was traded to the Yankees and I sold off all my base autos for $30. Didn't even need a hot Spring, just needed to put on a NY jersey.

Austin Riley HR :)

Yay...

Acuna Bomb. :)

Yay...

Robles also hit his 1st Spring HR today.

And Kingery hit his 3rd dinger of Spring. Prices still haven't heated up per say but all those $45/BIN base autos that went untouched throughout the offseason are starting to sell. I'd like a color refractor auto (already have some base) but I want to be careful not to go too nuts for a guy who isn't perceived to have a 20+ HR ceiling. He hit 26 in 2017 but most of 'em were hit at one of the easiest parks to go deep in. I still think it's possible he could outperform his projections like Rhys Hoskins did last year.

Keston Hiura's cards are spiking.

[MENTION=2016]hive17[/MENTION]

Got me paying attention...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The exact opposite of heating up?

Seth Romero, up to his old tricks again.

Jeff Passan - "Sources: Nationals first-round pick Seth Romero was sent home from spring training this morning. A club spokesman said Romero violated club policy. Unclear as to how long he will be gone or the specific policy violated. Romero, a hard-throwing left-handed pitcher, was an easy top-10 talent last year who fell to the Nationals with the 25th pick after getting kicked off the University of Houston team. Makeup questions have dogged him, and this incident won't help in that regard."

Members online