Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I Knew They'd Do This!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
With the 1969 Aurelio Rodriguez "Batboy" card one of the most famous modern cards in the hobby, I've wondered for years if they'd mirror it in Heritage. They did.
s-l500.jpg
Really sweet. I want one.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
With the 1969 Aurelio Rodriguez "Batboy" card one of the most famous modern cards in the hobby, I've wondered for years if they'd mirror it in Heritage. They did.
View attachment 77748
Really sweet. I want one.

There is only one currently listed but once the hobby breaks begin I wonder where the price settles?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Topps should have made it an awkward young looking batboy pic like the original '69 card.
The Trout card just looks like the wrong picture of a real player. This could have been a great card mirroring a famous error, but they screwed it up.

front.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
In my opinion, paying tribute would be to make it a regular card. An uncorrected error, like the original. But let me guess, it is not an uncorrected error, it is some ridiculously hard to get SSP card and there is probably a "corrected" version that is way easier to get? Meh...more gimmicks that I have lost interest in over time.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
In my opinion, paying tribute would be to make it a regular card. An uncorrected error, like the original. But let me guess, it is not an uncorrected error, it is some ridiculously hard to get SSP card and there is probably a "corrected" version that is way easier to get? Meh...more gimmicks that I have lost interest in over time.

Indeed...the hobby has gotten so "gimmicky" that I don't really even care for new stuff anymore. That's why I'm going back to collect stuff from the 90's (still some gimmicks, but less profound)

Jul 22, 2016
That doesn’t look even close to a guy with the last name Trout. At least the 69 version was believable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
good news is the 1969 Rodriguez is plentiful and reasonably priced (I have one in my collection) while the "Trout" one is expensive and lame that I'm not going to chase it.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
That was my thought - with Auerelio Rodriguez, many didn't know the difference. Doing it with a marquee player makes it less desirable in my mind.

Looks like $150-200 these days.

Members online