Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

97 Pinnacle XPress Metal Works - Bronze, Silver, Gold, & WTF??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Just wondering if anyone knows of a 4th “Pewter” version. I found this Mo Vaughn. It’s grey in color but doesn’t have the silver shine (or serial #) that the other silvers have.

Can anyone tell me what this is? (I photographed it next to the other 3 versions (Griffey)

(Pics Below)

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Never heard of that. I'd suspect it's some sort of base metal or lead or something that was used as a test. Really neat. I am a fan of that set. I've got the Thomas metalbow (I guess except for this thing, if it exists), and had the complete bronze set until I lost half of it somehow.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I really like the set. Got the Griffeys relatively cheap. For someone who isn't a Mo Vaughn collector, I have some of the most random Mo Vaughn stuff!

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
It's a.... headache for player collectors! ;) JK, that is pretty neat. Never seen one before. It looks like it is set up a little different, like they didn't leave enough room at the top for the serial numbering. It looks like the "Metal Works" text is higher than on the pack versions. The golds and silvers are pretty tough to find- I wonder if anyone has collected an entire run of these- and if so how the heck much does it weigh!? I took the 3 Manny Ramirez I have out of teh monster box they were in with other cards because they were too heavy ;)

Members online

No members online now.