Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

March Pick-up thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 12, 2017
So this was a special pickup for me. Some of you know I have a big Don Zimmer collection. When he passed away in June 2014, the Tampa Bay Rays honored him by wearing "Zim" patches on their sleeves for the remainder of the season. During his time with the Rays, Zimmer became very good friends with Evan Longoria. They spent a lot of time together talking baseball, and Longoria was like a son to Zim. Longoria presented a tribute jersey to Don's wife when Tampa Bay retired Zimmer's number later that season (you can see the patch on the sleeve).

zim2014patch.jpg
GettyImages-468747176.0.0.jpg

I hoped to find a game-used card featuring the "Zim" patch for several years. This week I found one. And while I had to pay double what the card usually sells for, I just had to have it. The fact that it was worn by Longoria makes it that much sweeter.

s-l1000.jpg
That is Awesome. Congrats on the pickup. I have a few swatches of tribute patches worn by Cutch to remember Ralph Kiner and Chuck Tanner.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Finally able to post some more small pickups. Small stuff, but more set needs taken care of. One of the cards from COMC was the very last 2001 Topps Heritage SP that I needed.

The Mantle and Griffey that look like base are actually promos. I figure if I'm going to put together the set, might as well add those too.

The 2006 Heritage are the blue letters SPs. Just need a few more of those to finish off that master set.

zoTFsEMh.jpg

uF5Qrqzh.jpg

zLq3KBoh.jpg

dDQqeexh.jpg

KNW34ovh.jpg

syLUBBBh.jpg

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
So this was a special pickup for me. Some of you know I have a big Don Zimmer collection. When he passed away in June 2014, the Tampa Bay Rays honored him by wearing "Zim" patches on their sleeves for the remainder of the season. During his time with the Rays, Zimmer became very good friends with Evan Longoria. They spent a lot of time together talking baseball, and Longoria was like a son to Zim. Longoria presented a tribute jersey to Don's wife when Tampa Bay retired Zimmer's number later that season (you can see the patch on the sleeve).

zim2014patch.jpg
GettyImages-468747176.0.0.jpg

I hoped to find a game-used card featuring the "Zim" patch for several years. This week I found one. And while I had to pay double what the card usually sells for, I just had to have it. The fact that it was worn by Longoria makes it that much sweeter.

s-l1000.jpg

that's pretty incredible. amazing pickup

WaxPax

Finally had some Mets stuff sent from COMC that I have been sitting on.

These are all 5x7 cards #'d to 10 (gold) or /49 base. I'm going to put them in frames and hang them up.

20180316_062451.jpg

20180316_062523.jpg

You can see the size with the comparison to the graded slab.

20180316_062416.jpg

20180316_062322.jpg

Also, some vintage Mets from 1970 Topps

20180315_212650.jpg

20180315_212645.jpg

Last edited:

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
[MENTION=3887]AUTaxMan[/MENTION] that color is impressive.

More 2010 Ginter No Numbers for me. Picked up a Wolrd's Saltiest Sailor for super cheap. Now I have 87/350 NNO backs!

U3T5ycCh.jpg

8FMRnAHh.jpg