Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are any of these worth grading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danforth11

Mar 2, 2018
Just picked up my grandpas collection yesterday and it seems he has some value in a few boxes but would love to see what yal think. I took pictures of the ones I thought were worth something and would love an estimate or tips to go about selling them. Also open to selling them through here after I find out a little bit more. Thanks in advance for any help.

q5hy0Rn.jpg

CKaxUbP.jpg

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Agree, I'd only grade the Williams and Banks. Might do the 67 & 70 Brocks, but the rest are too off-centered. Possibly the Henderson rc, but the corners look too rounded to make it worth while...probably be around a 4. Maybe get the Robinson encased for the auto.

Can't go wrong with looking through an old collection like that though! What fun. I'd be interested in buying/trading once you get there.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Any Rickey Rookie is great!

But agreed on the corners.

Love the Williams too.

Now I don't wanna be a Downer and I can't see much from the pics, but are those old-fashioned screwdown holders? Because sometimes they can actually harm the cards when you unscrew them to take out the cards. Not always, but it is a worry. Sure hope it's not the case here.

And GL on what you do get graded!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
If the main goal about grading is the $$$ then look up pop reports and see what each potential grade on ebay would sell for compared to raw.

As everyone is saying the 2 main candidates are the Williams and Banks, especially the Banks as it looks like the Williams top right corner is bad. (my comp is really small though so I could be way off)

Danforth11

Mar 2, 2018
Any Rickey Rookie is great!

But agreed on the corners.

Love the Williams too.

Now I don't wanna be a Downer and I can't see much from the pics, but are those old-fashioned screwdown holders? Because sometimes they can actually harm the cards when you unscrew them to take out the cards. Not always, but it is a worry. Sure hope it's not the case here.

And GL on what you do get graded!
I think they are :benson: Thanks though! I hope I get something decent on those but I'm not positive their gonna crack 7 so I'm not gonna get too excited.

Danforth11

Mar 2, 2018
Agree, I'd only grade the Williams and Banks. Might do the 67 & 70 Brocks, but the rest are too off-centered. Possibly the Henderson rc, but the corners look too rounded to make it worth while...probably be around a 4. Maybe get the Robinson encased for the auto.

Can't go wrong with looking through an old collection like that though! What fun. I'd be interested in buying/trading once you get there.

It's been real fun looking through them for sure! I'll let you know for sure though once I narrow down on some prices and thanks for the tips.

67Topps

Sep 8, 2015
It's always fun to go through a collection like that! Agreed on the Ted and Ernie.
If there's much more to the collection, I'm looking for a 1967 Topps Mike Shannon, and would consider a lot of commons to start a new set, maybe 1969 or 1972. I guess let me know what you're willing to part with (even different years).

Members online